ANZ Share Investing Account Review
Trade Australian and international shares, ETFs and managed funds on a platform owned by one of Australia's Big Four Banks.
ANZ Share Investing is owned by ANZ, which is one of Australia's Big Four Banks and a highly trusted financial institution globally. You can access a range of markets with an ANZ Share Investing account including Australian and international shares, exchange traded funds (ETFs), managed funds, options, warrants and more.
As well as market research and real-time market data, you get access to recommendations from some of Australia's leading analysts such as Morningstar. ANZ Share Investing offers competitive brokerage charges; you won't pay a thing if you don't use your account and the more trades you make in a month, the cheaper each trade becomes.
Standard brokerage fee
ASX, NASDAQ, NYSE, London Stock Exchange, Euronext, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Tokyo Stock Exchange, And more
Phone, Email, After hours
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Type of broker||
Exchange traded options
London Stock Exchange
Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Tokyo Stock Exchange
|Standard brokerage||AUD 19.95|
- Trusted brand
- News, research and live prices
- Advanced data and monitoring tools
Not so great for
- Brokerage is higher than some providers
- No live chat support
What is ANZ Share Investing?
ANZ Share Investing is a subsidiary of ANZ, one of Australia's largest financial institutions. The account enables Australian retail investors to buy and sell a range of listed assets.
What are the key features of an ANZ Share Investing account?
ANZ Share Investing provides these features to traders:
Get access to independent expert recommendations, use filters to find the stocks you want and see lists of the most commonly traded stocks from other ANZ Share Investing customers. Get access to charts, news and analysis from leading analysts Morningstar, Intelligent Investor, Wise Owl and more.
Make trades using the ANZ Share Investing Online platform online, via the ANZ app or over the phone. Active traders can upgrade to the ANZ Share Investing Pro Platform which offers dynamic data, advanced charting tools and technical indicators.
Get email and SMS smart alerts when predefined conditions are met.
Linked ANZ cash settlement account
You'll get a linked ANZ Cash Investment Account when you open an ANZ Share Investing Account. This cash account is where you can fund your account to place trades and where dividend payments will be sent. As a bonus, money held in your ANZ Cash Investment Account earns interest on a tiered basis.
Self managed super funds (SMSFs) can manage their investments using ANZ Share Investing.
Tax Tools gives you a free summary of your activity for the financial year for ease of reporting. This is especially helpful for SMSFs.
What markets can I trade with ANZ Share Investing?
You can trade the following investments using ANZ Share Investing:
- Australian shares. Invest in Australian securities listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) or Chi-X Australia Indexes.
- International shares. Trade international shares on 11 overseas markets including NASDAQ, NYSE & NYSE Amex Equities in the US, TSX & TSX Ventures Exchange in Canada, SGX & HKSE in Aisa and LSE, PAR, BRU & AMS in Europe.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). Trade ETFs on the ASX including: ANZ ETFs, BlackRock, State Street Global Advisors and Vanguard Investments ETFs plus more.
- Managed funds. Invest in hundreds of Australian and international managed funds.
- Options. Trade Index Options on the S&P ASX 200 as well as Equity Options. ANZ Share Investing provide trading tools for options products such as the Options Finder Tool, Payoff Diagrams, Pricing Tools and Portfolio Management Tools.
- Margin lending. ANZ Share Investing will give you access to an investment loan from ANZ that you can use to invest.
- Warrants. Trade Warrants using ANZ Share Investing and get access to leading research from UBS and CitiFirst analysts. You can also view live quotes for individual warrants from the ANZ Share Investing Stock Centre.
- IPOs. Participate in public offerings from companies by purchasing shares, company options convertible notes and other financial instruments.
- Conditional orders. Protect your investment using a stop loss order. Buy or sell orders are automatically executed when your trigger conditions are met.
What are the service levels of ANZ Share Investing?
ANZ share trading offers two different service levels, each providing different trading features at different price points. When you apply for an ANZ share trading account, you will be opening a standard account, featuring access to real-time prices, quotes and market depth. This account has a $19.95 quarterly fee, but if you'd like to be downgraded to the free basic account without access to live market data, you'll have the ability to do so during the application process.
|Service level||Features||Subscription cost|
|Standard||$19.95 per quarter|
(Waived if you execute 1+ trade every 6 months or maintain an account balance $10,000+.)
What are ANZ Share Investing brokerage fees?
You’ll pay brokerage fees when you trade financial products using the ANZ Share Investing online platform or over the phone. Brokerage fees vary depend on the specific product and how you carry out your trade (online or over the phone). You can find detailed information about the brokerage fees for Australian shares when you trade online below.
Online brokerage fees for Australian shares
First trade placed in the month
- $19.95 for trades up to $5,000
- $24.95 for trades between $5001 to $10,000
- $29.95 for trades between $10,001 to $18,000
- $29.95 for trades between $18,001 to $28,000
- 0.11% for trades above $28,000
Second + trades placed in the month
- $19.95 for trades between $0 to $18,000
- $19.95 or 0.11% for trades between $18,001 to $28,000 (whichever is greater)
- 0.11% for trades above $28,000
Online brokerage fees for International shares.
For trades placed online, it's $59 or 0.59% of the trade value for trades above $10,000.
Placing trades over the phone is more expensive, starting from $69.95 per trade.
What support and information is available with ANZ Share Investing?
You have a number of educational resources to assist making trades. The ANZ Share Investing online Help Centre provides online video demonstrations and written instructions about how to trade different products.
You can also speak to an ANZ Share Investing representative over the phone 8am to 8pm (AEST). An ANZ Share Investing Client Services Officer can answer specific questions about making trades, complaints and using the online trading platform. ANZ Share Investing does not offer an online chat service.
What the advantages and disadvantages of using ANZ Share Investing for my next trade?
- International markets. You can use the ANZ Share Investing platform to trade international stocks on 11 different leading overseas exchanges.
- Access advanced tools. More advanced traders can access advanced charting and technical indicators with the Pro Platform.
- Earn Qantas Points. Link your ANZ Share Investing and Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts and earn one Qantas Point for every $3 you spend on brokerage when you trade shares, warrants and options using ANZ Share Investing.
- No dedicated mobile app. You can access your shares and place trades with the standard ANZ App, however there isn't a dedicated ANZ Share Investing app available just yet.
- Phone trades are expensive. Executing a trade over the phone is significantly more expensive than conducting a trade online.
How do I apply for an ANZ Share Investing account?
You can apply online for an ANZ Share Investing account if you’re over 18 and you’re an Australian or New Zealand resident. Follow the links to be directed to a secure online application.
If you’re an existing ANZ customer, you can enter your ANZ Customer Reference Number (CRN) and the application will be prefilled with your details. You’re also asked to select whether you want to trade with your own cash or whether you want to trade with a loan from ANZ.
If you’re a new customer, enter your basic personal information such as your contact details, address, Tax File Number (TFN), bank account details, whether you want to merge an existing portfolio and finally create a password you can use to trade over the phone. You’re then required to verify your identity online using your driver’s licence, medicare card or passport. You have the option of sending certified copies of your identification by post.