Exclusive exchange rates for Finder readers + $0 fees
Wise is an online money transfer specialist aiming to disrupt the industry by offering the exact exchange rate you can see on Google. This is unique among money transfer companies and banks, which typically add a percentage on top of the exchange rate to make a profit.
If you're looking at Wise for the next time you send money overseas, check out what promo codes are available below.
Wise discount codes and coupons
Unfortunately, Wise isn't offering any deals right now. But we have an alternative offer for you to save money:
How do I use my Wise discount code?
Use your promo code for a discount on Wise international money transfer fees.
- Click "Get deal".
- You'll be taken to Wise's website.
- Create an account.
- Set up your transfer and receive your discount.
Wise pros and cons
- Easy to use. Wise's site is user-friendly and transparent with the fees clearly visible.
- Offers the mid-market rate. You won't be able to find a better exchange rate than the one offered by Wise.
- No minimum transfer amount. This makes it well-suited to smaller transfers that other providers might not allow.
- Bank transfers only. Funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account, with no option for cash pickups.
- Limited number of currencies. Wise is great for the more popular currencies, but for the less popular currencies, you may need to use another company.
- Expensive for large transfers. If you're planning to send over 50,000 AUD in one transaction, providers such as TorFX and OFX might be cheaper.
How do Wise money transfers work?
- Choose your currencies. Begin the transfer process by selecting the currency you are using (e.g. AUD) and the currency your recipient will receive from a drop-down menu.
- Submit your recipient's information. Enter their personal and financial details, including their bank's IBAN number.
- Enter your payment info. Confirm the details of your transfer and your payment method.
- Send your money to Wise. You'll be given Wise's account details.
- Your recipient will receive the money. Your transfer will be deposited into your recipient's bank account.
What forms of payment does Wise accept?
If you live in Australia, you can use any of these payment methods with Wise:
- Debit or credit card. Card payments reach Wise immediately.
- Bank transfer. You'll need to allow for at least three business days for your bank funds to reach Wise, depending on the currency.
Your funds are deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account once Wise receives your payment.
What is Wise's refund policy?
If you cancel your transfer after you've paid Wise but before your funds are delivered to your recipient, Wise will refund your full amount. Simply reach out to Wise as soon as possible to initiate your cancellation and refund.
See what your transfer could look like with Wise
More guides on Finder
Best places to exchange currency in Brisbane
Your guide to currency exchange in Brisbane, including how to get the best exchange rate.
Inheritance statistics Australia
Your guide to key inheritance statistics in Australia and what to expect from the upcoming “great wealth transfer”.
Export and import statistics
Your guide to Australia’s key exports and imports, trading partners and economic complexity.
How do international money orders work?
Using international money orders to send money overseas? Learn about better options.
What is NAB’s SWIFT code?
Search for the SWIFT code you need when sending money to NAB.
Best money transfer services for 2023
If you're looking to transfer money out of Australia, read our guide on the four best transfer companies.
Remitly promo codes and discounts
Don’t pay too much for a money transfer. Check out the latest Remitly promo codes and discounts.
Legal and tax requirements for transferring large sums of money into Australia
Are you due to receive a large sum of money from another country? Familiarise yourself with Australian laws and tax regulations regarding money transfers.
Compare international money transfer limits
Minimum and maximum transaction limits can restrict your international money transfer options, so compare overseas transfer limits in this handy guide.
What details do I need for an international money transfer?
What bank account details do you need to provide to send or receive an international money transfer? Your guide here.
Ask an Expert