Enjoy the security of a fixed rate with the flexibility of an unsecured loan.
The Unsecured Personal Loan from St.George can help you finance a range of personal purposes including consolidating debt. You can apply for up to $40,000 with this loan and terms of up to 5 year(s) are available. Find out more about the features on offer with this loan in this review.
Things you should know about this loan
- High fees. This loan comes with a $195 establishment fee and a $12 monthly fee.
- Low borrowing amount. The minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 is among the lowest available.
|Product Name||St.George Unsecured Personal Loan - Fixed Rate|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 11.99% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||13.07%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$40,000|
- Flexible repayment options
- Low minimum borrowing amount
- Establishment fee of $195
- $12 monthly fee
- $150 early termination fee may apply
Main points to consider about the St.George Unsecured Personal Loan – Fixed Rate.
This loan comes with a fixed rate from 11.99% p.a. that applies to your entire loan term, which can last for between 1 year(s) and 5 year(s). This rate includes the 1% rate discount you receive if you are approved for an unsecured loan before 31 March 2019.
As the loan is unsecured you don't have to offer any assets as a guarantee. An application fee of $195 and a monthly fee of $12 applies.
Features St.George offers with its Unsecured Personal Loan
There are a number of notable features that come with this loan, including:
- Discounted rate. If you apply for a new unsecured personal loan before 31 March 2019, you will receive a 1% interest rate discount.
- Competitive fixed rate. You will receive a fixed rate from 11.99% p.a. (this includes the 1% rate discount) that will apply to your loan for the entire term, helping to keep your repayments manageable and making it easy for you to budget each month.
- Flexible repayments. You can opt for your repayments to be weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on what works best for you.
- Choice of loan terms. Reduce the amount of interest you pay overall or make your repayments more manageable by having your choice of loan terms. Terms of between 1 year(s) and 5 year(s) are available.
- Various loan amounts available. You can apply for any amount between $2,000 and $40,000, making the loan suitable for a range of purposes.
- Online loan management. You can register for Internet banking to manage your loan statements. Convenient eStatements are also available.
What fees apply?
- $195 application fee.
- $12 monthly fee.
- $150 early termination fee. You will pay this fee if you fully repay the loan within the first 12 months. The fee is $100 if you repay the loan after the first year, but before the end of the loan term.
How you can apply for the Unsecured Personal Loan – Fixed Rate
The online application process is simple and quick, and if you'd like to get it started you can by clicking "Go to Site". First, check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You're over the age of 18
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident
If you meet these criteria you are eligible to apply. You'll need the following information on hand to complete the application:
- Your current employer's name and contact details
- Your recent tax information if you're self-employed
- The weekly after-tax income of each person applying for the loan
- Details of your assets, savings and investments
- The amounts you owe on your credit and store card accounts
- Your current expenses
- Details of one personal reference
It takes less than 15 minutes to apply, and less time if you are a current St.George customer.
The Unsecured Personal Loan from St.George is a flexible and competitive option to consider, but there are other options available. Remember to always compare offerings with what's available in the market to ensure you're applying for the right loan for you.