Capitalise on investment opportunities in 19 different markets when you choose to work with Capital 19.
Founded in 2007, Capital 19 has been working on an affordable way to bring stocks and derivatives from all over the world to Australians. Through their online trading platform you can access all types of investment products across 19 different countries.
Buy stocks in Mexico and futures in Japan, all from the convenience of your home computer. Capital 19 also provides free phone trading and a secure mobile app that allows you to trade wherever you are so long as there is an internet connection available.
The low pricing and flexibility that comes with Capital 19 makes it a worthy opponent in the online investment industry.
What can I trade with Capital 19?
Capital 19 is able to offer their members a number of different products, although availability may change depending on your chosen market. You can choose to diversify into various markets to take better advantage of what is available to you. The following is a list of the 19 markets that Capital 19 gives you access to, and the products that are available in each one:
What are the best things about Capital 19?
You get up to date market data
The charting feature on your online trading platform gives you a real time view of the products you are interested in following. Charts are updated dynamically with every tick, alerting you when pre-set conditions have been met.
You can access research for free
You are given access to a range of research reports including Streaming News, Fundamentals, and Live Event Calendars. You can also subscribe to premium feeds for a monthly fee.
You have 24/7 online access
The online platform from Capital 19 is also available as an app for your mobile phone. Applications have been designed specifically for the iPhone and Blackberry while other smart phones can access the site through mobile trader. Phone access is also provided without accruing any extra fees.
You can also exchange your funds
As this online brokerage service allows for trading in various world markets they will also change your account currency at the click of a button.Back to top
What service levels are available with Capital 19?
Three different account types are offered by Capital 19:
Reg T Margin
Enables you to access products that trade on margin and use the low rate margin loans if necessary.
Available only for accounts with a balance of $100,000 or more, this account gives you a greater level of leverage than the Reg T Margin.
Allows you to purchase non margin products but will not give you access to any margin loans.Back to top
What support and information is available with Capital 19?
In addition to marketing tools and real time data through Capital 19 you will also have free access to the Knowledge Centre. This is a comprehensive collection of educational articles that give valuable information and advice about investing. You may also use the contract data base to look up instant information about an investment product.
What are the fees associated when using Capital 19?
Capital 19 is paid through fees collected through your trades and investments. The broker who executes the transaction will collect that fee and then reimburse Capital 19. These fees will include:
- Trade execution. For United States and Canadian securities transactions you are charged the greater of $15 or two cents per share. All other countries will cost $20 or 0.3% of the trade value, whichever is higher. For exchange trade options you will incur a fee of no less than $30 per trade while futures cost $25. If you purchase bonds you will be charged $10 for every $1,000 purchased.
- Foreign Exchange. For any foreign exchange (Forex) contracts you will be charged a commission rate of 0.01% of the transaction value, but no less than $20. This will only be charged at the open and close of the trade, not when it is rolled. A separate rollover fee is charged based on the interest rate at the time of the transaction.
What are the points in favour and against using Capital 19 for my next trade?
- Competitive fees apply to your trade. The fees charged for trading through the Capital 19 platform are competitive to what you find with similar financial service providers.
- You can access United States stocks. Capital 19 gives you access to numerous investment products from the United States, which is one of the most liquid markets in the world.
- You can also access international markets. In addition to the United States and Australia you have the option of trading a variety of products in countries all over the world.
- You can borrow to invest with margin loans. You are easily able to leverage your investments if you qualify for margin loans.
- Limited withdrawals apply to your account. You are only permitted one free withdrawal a month. Subsequent withdrawals will incur a fee of $15 United States Dollars.
What you need to know about the application process for Capital 19?
You will need to call or contact Capital 19 online in order to speak with one of their advisers. They will help you complete the application form and instruct you on which certified identifying documents need to be submitted before the account is activated.