We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Please note that RateSetter has been rebranded to Plenti. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
If you're looking to take out a personal loan and want a competitive rate, you may want to consider peer-to-peer (P2P) lender RateSetter. As a P2P lender, RateSetter offers risk-based interest rates that are determined by the amount you apply for, the loan term and the details you provide on your application. There are a few different loan options available including an unsecured personal loan and a green loan to help you make environmentally friendly purchases. Find out more about RateSetter's loans and compare them below.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How does borrowing from RateSetter work?
P2P loans work with the lender, RateSetter, acting as an intermediary between you as a borrower and the person or group of people funding your loan. To be approved, you just need to meet the eligibility criteria set by RateSetter.
The interest rate depends on the information provided in your application, so you won't receive your rate until you're approved. However, you can get a rate estimate before you apply without it affecting your credit score. After approval you can expect the funds in about one business day.
Personal loan options from RateSetter
RateSetter provides secured and unsecured personal loans with loan terms extending up to 5 years depending on your loan type. Its flexible terms make the loans suitable for a range of purposes, including:
- Unsecured personal loan. This loan can be used for a range of purposes, from consolidating debt to paying for a wedding. Borrow from $2,001 to $45,000 and have up to 5 years to repay your loan depending on your loan type. Fees and rates also vary depending on the loan term. Use the comparison table above to get an idea of these costs.
- Car loan. You can opt for a secured or unsecured car loan from RateSetter with competitive rates from 4.89% p.a. Pre-approval is also on offer, giving you up to 30 days to purchase your vehicle. While businesses cannot secure car finance, individuals can get a loan for a small business vehicle, such as Uber drivers.
- Green loan. If you want to finance to make an environmentally friendly purchase, such as solar panels, you can consider this Green Loan from RateSetter. You can apply for up to $45,000 and have up to 7 years to repay.
Features of a RateSetter loan
There are various features and benefits on offer when you borrow with RateSetter, including:
- Rate estimate. You can secure a rate estimate before you submit a full application without it affecting your credit score.
- Personalised interest rate. Your interest rate will be determined by the loan term you opt for as well as the loan amount and the information you give in your application.
- Fast turnaround. Rate estimates can be given in minutes. You'll find out if you're approved one business day after submitting a full application, and you can expect funds in your account one business day after accepting the loan contract.
- Loan types. RateSetter offers two types of unsecured personal loans - variable and fixed. The application fee for variable loan is from $299 and for fixed loan is from $399.
- Loan terms. Variable personal loan term is from 1 to 2 years while the fixed personal loan term is from 3 to 5 years.
- Loan amount. Apply for a loan amount between $2,001 and $45,000.
- Flexible repayments. There are no fees for early repayment or to make extra repayments. You can also increase your ongoing monthly repayments at any time.
- Online account management. To manage your account you can login to your RateSetter account.
How you can apply
If you're ready to apply for a RateSetter loan, click "Go to Site" to submit your application. You'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria before you apply:
- Aged 21 or over
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a regular source of income that you can demonstrate
- Have a good credit history
If you meet these criteria you can click through to get a rate estimate without it affecting your credit history. Have your personal, financial and employment details on hand.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Personal Loan
When you have a large expense that your savings can’t cover, a personal loan at a fixed rate from Great Southern Bank is an option worth considering. With no fees and a competitive fixed interest rate, this could be the right loan for you.
Australian Unity Fixed Rate Home Loan Health Wealth Happiness Package
A review of Australian Unity’s fixed rate home loan. Discover the features and benefits.
Handypay Personal Loan
Find out more about Handypay's personal loans for home improvements. Personalised rates start from 6.75% p.a. on terms from 1 to 7 years.
Citibank Ready Credit
The Citibank Ready Credit unsecured revolving line of credit is available with a 3-year introductory rate of 5.9% p.a. on balance transfers.
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan Review
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
NOW Finance Secured Personal Loan review
Get rewarded for an excellent credit score with a Now Finance personalised rate secured personal loan. Rates vary between 5.95% p.a. and 15.45% p.a. Apply today.
Alex Personal Loan review
Alex is a neobank lender specialising in personalised rate personal loans. Find out more about Alex's personal loans and what fees and features are involved.
homeloans.com.au Low Rate Home Loan with Offset
The homeloans.com.au Low Rate Home Loan with Offset is fee-free and features a 100% offset account.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert