Money Hack: Earn Velocity or Qantas points by pre-booking parking
How to make paying for parking suck less.
Depending on where you're looking, parking can be incredibly costly – but who knew that could be a good thing?
You can earn up to 5 Qantas Points or 5 Velocity Points per $1 spent by parking at one of three different parking providers. While you can just show up and earn your points for parking at Qantas Valet, for the other two providers you need to pre-book online. So all you have to do is be a little organised.
Here are your options:
|Parking operator||Earn rate||Find out more|
|Wilson Parking||5 Velocity Points per $1 spent||More|
|Secure Parking||5 Qantas Points per $1 spent||More|
|Qantas Valet||3 Qantas Points per $1 spent||More|
New and existing customers can also earn points on monthly parking contracts with Secure Parking. Keep in mind conditions apply so check the Secure Parking website to ensure you are eligible for the points.
- Earn 5,000 Qantas Points on 6-month extensions of selected current contracts
- Earn 10,000 Qantas Points on 12-month extensions of selected current contracts
- Earn 5,000 Qantas Points on selected 3-month contracts
- Earn 10,000 Qantas Points on selected 6-month contracts
- Earn 20,000 Qantas Points on selected 12-month contracts
What to keep in mind:
- To earn points with Wilson Parking and Secure Parking, you need to pre-book your parking online.
- You'll need to link your Velocity membership to your Wilson Parking account to earn your points.
- For Secure Parking, you'll need to register your Qantas Frequent Flyer number during booking.
finder money hacks is a bi-weekly round-up of the latest tips and tricks to improve your finances. Check back every Wednesday and Saturday for new hacks.