See how this unique bill payment service works.
Living Room of Satoshi (LRoS) lets you instantly pay bills, credit cards and bank accounts using cryptocurrencies. It just might be one of the easiest ways to convert cryptocurrencies to AUD at fair rates, while simultaneously earning some rewards points. Read on to learn more.
How does it work?
Simply use your cryptocurrency to pay bills directly, pay a credit card or send it to any Australian bank account.
It’s automatically converted to Australian dollars to land in that account.
- Paying bills: Any business that accepts BPAY can be paid with LRoS.
- Sending it to a credit card: Use the BPAY details on the bottom of your credit card statement to pay it with cryptocurrency.
- Sending it to a bank account: Send money to any Australian bank account by entering its details.
It’s a convenient way to pay your bills or turn your cryptocurrency into AUD quickly and at a fair rate, and you can also earn rewards points as an added bonus.
Every dollar paid in bills is worth one reward point. These can be redeemed for cash rewards (at a rate of 2000 points per $10), or a range of other items.
What are the rates and fees?
There are no fees of any kind. LRoS makes revenue from the spread of currencies instead of charging fees.
Your cryptocurrencies are converted to AUD at current market rates, based on the average of large Australian cryptocurrency exchanges.
The current rates are shown at the point of payment. They’re also published here.
LRoS carries the risk on any rate movements between the time you make your cryptocurrency payment and the recipient getting it, so there are no worries about less money than you expected arriving at its intended account.
What cryptocurrencies does Living Room of Satoshi accept?
You can use any of the following to pay bills or send to your bank account as AUD:
What are the transfer times?
You will receive confirmation within a few seconds, and the payment will be made after four confirmations. The time this takes may vary, but it’s often around 40 minutes.
If payment is made before 5pm on a business day, the biller should mark it as received on that day.
The funds should generally be available in the recipient’s account within three days.
You can transfer up to AU$1,000 per transaction without logging in or verification.
If you want to transfer more, you can log in and verify your identity for a limit of AU$50,000 per transaction.
There is no limit on the number of transactions you can make daily or weekly.
Safety, security and privacy
You can make transfers in privacy without creating an account. You can simply enter the destination biller code or bank account details, and then send funds.
Living Room of Satoshi is a reputable and trustworthy financial platform, so you can be confident in using it to meet your payment needs securely. It’s widely-used, offers a comprehensive dispute resolution process and a range of customer service options if needed.
Customer service and contact
You can reach LRoS at:
- Address: Level 54, 111 Eagle Street Brisbane, 4000
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: livingroomofsatoshi
- Twitter: @roomofsatoshi
Pros and cons of Living Room of Satoshi
- A quick and easy way to turn cryptocurrency into AUD
- Fair rates and no fees
- Can pay a wide range of bills directly with cryptocurrencies
- LRoS carries the risk of changing rates
- You may need to account for extra transaction times to make sure bills are confirmed as paid on time
- Rates are based on Australian exchange prices rather than worldwide rates, and it might be possible to trade bitcoin for AUD in more cost-effective ways elsewhere