Top 20 least volatile cryptocurrencies revealed
If you’re looking for a stable cryptocurrency with minimal movement over any given day, you could consider some of these coins.
Professional traders love a volatile market. It gives them the chance to buy and sell and buy again as values of cryptocurrencies change by the hour. However, it’s not for everybody. The cryptocurrency market is very volatile as a whole, but within the 1500+ coins that make up the current landscape, there is a range of volatility.
Best cryptocurrency exchanges 2018
So if you’re the kind of investor who is looking for a cryptocurrency ride that isn’t a daily rollercoaster, what options should you investigate? In order to answer that question, we need to know which cryptocurrencies are the least volatile.
How did we work out the least volatile cryptocurrency?
Despite the huge number of cryptocurrencies now on the market, the top 50 still control 93% of the market cap. As such, we focused our analysis on these coins. We examined the daily trades of every one of these coins for the past two months. We picked out the opening and closing results for that day, and also looked at the range of prices within that day. We then combined these two results to give each cryptocurrency a score. For the record, the average score across the top 50 coins was 21.03.
What are the 20 least volatile cryptocurrencies?
We’ve already published the top 20 most volatile cryptocurrencies. According to our research as of the start of February 2018, the 20 least volatile cryptocurrencies are:
* Note: Tether is something of an anomaly, as it is tied to the U.S. Dollar. As such its value tends to shift in a way much slower than other altcoins - a fact indicated by our volatility metric.
- Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
- Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
- Ethereum’s price rallies after adoption by a major Gulf State
- Bitcoin price is starting to look choppy and the US Fed may make it worse
- Ethereum’s price action heats up with overnight gains of 8% – here’s why ETH may surge further