Send money to Uzbekistan
Compare services that can help you make a money transfer to Uzbekistan.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you need to send money to Uzbekistan, you can do so in a few simple steps:
- Compare your options for sending money to Uzbekistan.
- Choose the service that offers the best deal and sign up for an account.
- Enter the details of your transaction, including the amount and who you'll be sending it to.
- Confirm all transfer details and pay for your transaction.
Money transfer services that send to Uzbekistan
Use our comparison calculator below to check out the exchange rates, fees and transfer speeds on offer when you want to send money to Uzbekistan.
What's the best way to send money to Uzbekistan?
You have a few options to choose from when sending money to Uzbekistan:
The easiest option might be to send an international transfer from your bank account, but you'll need to watch out for high transfer fees. In addition, because the Uzbekistani som (UZS) is a rare currency and not widely available, you'll usually have to send a major currency (such as USD) which can then be converted to UZS by your recipient's bank.
Cash pick-up transfer services offer fast transfers to Uzbekistan. You can send a transfer online or in person and your recipient can often collect the cash in Uzbekistan within minutes. However, you'll need to keep an eye out for high transaction fees and disappointing exchange rates.
Money transfer services
Specialist money transfer services offer quick and easy transfers directly to bank accounts in Uzbekistan. They tend to provide better exchange rates and lower fees than the other available options, but keep in mind that there are very few services that allow you to send UZS to Uzbekistan – the ones that do typically offer USD.
Let's crunch the numbers: Sending $500 to Uzbekistan
To give you a better idea of how much your transfer will cost, let's look at the example of sending $500 to Uzbekistan with three different cash transfer services.
|Cash transfer service #1||Cash transfer service #2||Cash transfer service #3|
|Exchange rate||1 AUD = 0.6566 USD||1 AUD = 0.63 USD||1 AUD = 0.6032 USD|
|Transfer speed||Same day||Within minutes||Within minutes|
|Overall||Best value||Most expensive option||Lowest transfer fee but worst exchange rate|
As you can see in the table above, cash transfer service #1 offers the best value for money. While it can't match the lower transfer fee of service #3, its superior exchange rate more than makes up for the difference. The higher rate allows you to send:
- US$13 more than cash transfer service #2
- US$26.38 more than cash transfer service #3
This example clearly shows why it's essential to compare transfer services before you send money overseas.
How long will it take to send money to Uzbekistan?
The time it takes for your money to arrive will depend on the transfer service you select. While bank transfers can take two to five days to arrive, cash transfers are usually completed on the same day and sometimes within minutes. However, the downside of cash transfers is that they cost more.
Emergency cash transfer
If you need to send money to Uzbekistan ASAP, look for a provider that offers cash transfers. The money you send can be collected by your recipient in Uzbekistan from one of the transfer service's agent locations, with the funds often ready for pick-up within minutes.
How to send money to Uzbekistan without a bank account
If you don't have a bank account, you'll need to look for a transfer provider that allows you to pay for your transaction with cash. You'll need to visit an agent location and provide proof of ID in order to send a transfer. Your recipient will then be able to collect the funds from their nearest agent location in Uzbekistan.
What to watch out for
The main issue you need to be aware of when sending money to Uzbekistan is that UZS is considered a rare currency. As a result, most transfer providers will only allow you to send another currency, usually USD, when you want to transfer funds to Uzbekistan.
If you're picking up cash from a transfer service branch in Uzbekistan, you'll also need to exercise caution. Only pick up cash in areas you know to be safe and make sure you don't carry large amounts of cash on your person for any longer than necessary.
Documentation you'll need to send money to Uzbekistan
While the required documentation may differ slightly between transfer services, you'll typically need to provide the following information to send a transfer to Uzbekistan:
- Identification. You'll need to provide a valid form of photo ID, for example your driver's licence.
- Transfer amount. You'll obviously need to specify the amount you want to send.
- Recipient's details. The transfer service will need to know your recipient's name, address and contact details. If you're sending to a bank account, you'll also need to provide your recipient's bank account info.
- Reason for sending the money. Finally, you'll also need to specify the purpose of your transaction.
What to compare to get the best deal
Compare money transfer services across the following categories to find the best value.
- Fees. Read the fine print to find out what fees will apply to your transaction.
- Exchange rates. Compare exchange rate quotes to find out how much of the money you send will actually arrive in your recipient's pocket. Make sure the rate you're quoted is the rate you will get for your transaction and not just an indicative rate.
- Transfer speed. Check how long it takes on average for the money you send to arrive in Uzbekistan.
- Payment options. Can you pay via bank transfer, credit card, debit card or with cash?
- Delivery methods. Check whether you can deposit funds into your recipient's bank account or whether they will need to collect the cash in person. The latter option is handy if your recipient doesn't have a bank account.
- Customer service. Finally, it's also important to ensure that the transfer provider you choose offers prompt and responsive customer service if you ever need help with a transaction.
Foreign exchange rates explained
The exchange rate reflects the value of one currency relative to another.
From a value point of view, the best time to send an international transfer is when the AUD is performing strongly against the local currency at your transfer destination.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to stake Chainlink (LINK)
Learn how to stake Chainlink (LINK) tokens and earn rewards through exchanges, lending services and node operation on the Chainlink network.
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
Offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
St.George Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
Offers a low ongoing purchase interest rate, $0 first year annual fee and a $300 cashback offer.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
4 ways to keep your hard-earned cash safe
SPONSORED: Don’t let yourself become a victim of fraud or theft. Here are 4 easy ways to keep your money safer.
DeFi guide: How to use MakerDAO and mint DAI
Read our step-by-step guide on the MakerDAO platform. Find out how it works and how to grant loans using cryptocurrency holdings.
DeFi vs CeFi: Where should you be earning yield?
CeFi now offers highly competitive rates for cryptocurrency and fiat - how can you take advantage?
Review: Living Room of Satoshi
Learn how to use crypto for everyday transactions like payments and income.
Coles Rewards Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
The Coles Rewards Mastercard offers a $0 first-year annual fee, $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop and a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 26 months.
4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
SPONSORED: Calculating your crypto tax is easier than you think. These tips will help you figure out what you owe – without the need for a calculator.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.
Ask an Expert