How to buy ECOMI (OMI) in Australia
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy ECOMI
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying ECOMI.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports OMI.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy ECOMI.
- Buy ECOMI.
Complete your ECOMI purchase and then find the best wallet to store OMI.
What is ECOMI?
OMI is the native utility token that supports the underlying economy of the ECOMI Collect ecosystem, now known as VeVe. According to the project’s whitepaper, the ecosystem is a blockchain-based digital collectibles NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens ) marketplace that enables you to buy, store and trade your collectibles on the social network service. Apart from the VeVe store, VeVe also provides a second-hand market, an augmented reality showroom and a social feed. In addition to VeVe, ECOMI has another element to the project, ECOMI secure storage wallet. OMI is used as a utility token hosted on the GoChain blockchain and used on the VeVe marketplace as a medium of exchange when you buy, sell or trade your NFTs on the platform. It also allows you access to extra features and benefits in the application, for example, the Master Collector Program.
ECOMI (OMI) is the 89th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,351,801,894. The current price of ECOMI is $0.00620474, which is 0.000% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.00652406 and $0.00587311 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 22, 2021 02:10 UTC.
Where to buy ECOMI
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade OMI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
ECOMI at a glance
|Total OMI supply||750,000,000,000|
|Notable team members||David Yu, Daniel Crothers, Joseph Janik|
|Industry||Digital collectibles marketplace|
|Token uses||Utility token|
ECOMI price performance over time
How to sell ECOMI
You can cash out your OMI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have OMI on.
If you store your ECOMI in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of OMI you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of ECOMI.
What to consider when buying ECOMIBelow are the key aspects you need to weigh before you add OMI to your investment portfolio:
- Limited supply. The number of OMI tokens to ever be created in its lifetime is limited to 750 billion tokens. 20% of the total token supply was offered in initial private and public sales, amounting to 150 billion tokens, which is currently in circulating supply. The initial raise had a hard cap of 1,500 BTC. Also, 40% of the total supply, 300 billion tokens, is locked away in reserves and will never be a part of the circulating supply. The reserves are held for the VeVe reserve wallet, VeVe vault wallet, business development teams for long-term initiatives, and the team, advisers and board members of the project.
- Partnerships. The marketplace has partnered with highly reputed brands and organisations like Batman, Superman, Harley Quinn, Ghostbuster, the National Football League (NFL) and Major League Baseball (MLB). These high-profile partnerships provide credibility and trustworthiness to the platform as such brands and companies don’t partner with entities without doing thorough due diligence on them.
- Master Collector Program. This is indirectly a staking mechanism for the OMI tokens. It allows you early access to NFT releases, limited edition collectibles, airdropped tokens and more. The coins are staked in a section of the application wallet called The Powerchest. Eligible users will start at Level 1 of the program and as time progresses, they are segregated into an appropriate level based on factors like the number of tokens held in the wallet, purchase and sale history, community votes, and interactions.
- Augmented Reality (AR). One of the unique features of the platform is the AR tools. These tools enable you to bring your digital collectibles to life, out of your smartphone and project them into virtual reality while using the VeVe mobile application.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including ECOMI, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of OMI is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the ECOMI or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On 30 September, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert