How to buy eCash (XEC) in Australia
Learn how to buy eCash (XEC) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy eCash
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy eCash is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, cryptocurrency, debit card and osko payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy eCash
You can now exchange your funds for eCash. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your eCash to your personal wallet.
Where to buy eCash in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade XEC by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy eCash
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying eCash.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support XEC.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy eCash.
- Buy eCash.
Complete your eCash purchase and then find the best wallet to store XEC.
What to consider when buying eCash
XEC, is the native asset of the eCash ecosystem and is used to facilitate a wide range of transactions taking place across the platform. In this section we will look at some core aspects of the digital currency:
- Novel consensus framework: As per the official project website project website. eCash makes use of a unique proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus layer referred to as Avalanche — not to be confused with the blockchain project of the same name — that allows it process transactions at a high level of efficiency while providing users with a lot of privacy related benefits.
- Seamless conversions: Since its rebranding, eCash has allowed all of its users to convert their existing BCHA coins to XEC in a ratio of one is to one million (1:1,000,000), thereby making voluminous Bitcoin Cash ABC transactions extremely simple and streamlined.
- Anonymity and immutabilityAnother core aspect of the project is that it ensures complete anonymity in relation to all its transactions while also providing users with amazing immutability. Not only that, these transfers are almost free of cost with finality being provided within a matter of three seconds or less.
- Solid backing team: The eCash project is helmed by its tech lead, industry veteran Amaury Sechet, who was also responsible for creation of Bitcoin Cash, one of the most popular digital currencies available in the market today.
How to sell eCash
You can cash out your XEC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have XEC on.
If you store your eCash in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of XEC you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of eCash.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including eCash, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of XEC is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the eCash or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert