ANZ Landlord Insurance
From damaged belongings to ceiling repairs, ANZ landlord insurance can help you keep the rent coming in. Find out if it’s right for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
ANZ is one of Australia's most respected insurance providers. If you rely on rental income, it could be a lifeline when something inevitably goes wrong with your property. It can safeguard your investment from fires, floods, damaged belongings and more - so is it worth it for you? We've broken it down to make your decision easier.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the ANZ website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with Finder.
What cover options does ANZ landlord insurance offer?
ANZ landlord insurance offers three types of protection: combined building and contents insurance, building insurance and contents insurance. Here's what they do:
- Building insurance. This looks after residential properties, including professional offices and surgeries, and more specifically the building itself. That means you're covered for any built-in parts of the building (like built-in air con and swimming pools) including walls, floors and ceilings as well as things like garden sheds, pipes, cables, meters and other permanent fixtures.
- Contents insurance. This won't cover any of the above. Rather, it covers the contents of the property, including carpets, furniture, curtains, blinds, furnishings, removable appliances, non-permanent light fittings and more.
- Building and contents insurance. This combines and covers everything listed above for full comprehensive protection.
- Architects, surveyors and legal fees
- Demolition and removal of debris costs
- Loss of rent
- Mortgage discharge costs
- Replacing and repairing keys and locks
- Trees, plants and shrubs replacement
- Increase in sum insured. If your claim for a loss to your contents for the total sum insured is accepted, ANZ will increase your contents sum insured by 0.5% a month from the start of your current period of insurance up to the date of loss.
- Loss of rent. If an insured event prevents your property from inhabitable, ANZ will cover you for loss of rent. The most they will pay is $52,000 and for no more than 12 months of rent.
- Replacing and repairing keys/locks. If an insured event occurs, they'll have someone come out and replace or mend your keys and locks.
- Loss or damage caused by maintenance or repairs that have been carried out by the tenants, or on their behalf.
- Loss or damage caused by pets.
- Loss or damage caused by general wear and tear, including erosion and rust.
- Past damage that has been left unrepaired.
- Items owned by the tenant, including furniture, clothing and other personal items.
- Rental default where you haven't taken all possible legal avenues available.
- Contents that are not related to the letting of the property.
- Your policy holder details
- Your name and preferred contact number
- Your email address
- The address of the insured property
- Whether the property is still inhabitable
- Incident details including when it occurred and any supporting documents
- A detailed description of the incident
- If emergency repairs were required
How does each ANZ landlord insurance cover type compare?
|Key benefits||Buildings and contents||Buildings only||Contents only|
|Natural events including lightning, earthquake & storms|
|Full building replacement|
|Cover for accidental glass breakage|
|Loss of rent|
|Cover for vandalism or malicious acts|
|New for old contents replacement|
What additional cover options are included?
If your property suffers loss or damage as a result of an insured event, building insurance can cover you for the following:
What's not covered?
All policies have exclusions and it's important you know what you won't be covered for. Some of the main exclusions include:
How do I make a claim?
You should always contact ANZ as soon as possible when you want to make a claim. With ANZ, you can claim online or call 13 16 14. To avoid delays, have all the necessary information ready before submitting your claim. Some of the information you'll need to provide will include:
More guides on Finder
Best iPhone 12 Pro cases in Australia
Keep your new tech protected with one of the best iPhone 12 Pro cases available right here in Australia.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
Hairdressing rent-a-chair agreement templates
Use this legal template as your starting point to earning extra income in your hair salon.
Get quotes and compare your mobile storage options across Australia.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
How to start a daycare business
Nurture your dream of starting a daycare company with this step-by-step guide.
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
Treadmill removal services
Here’s how you can ensure your treadmill is moved safely and at a convenient time.
Ask an Expert