Allianz Landlord Insurance
Compare 3 policy options with Allianz Landlord Insurance, and choose the right fit for your investment.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you own an investment property, getting landlord insurance is a good move. An Allianz Landlord Insurance policy can offer you cover for the property, its contents, or both.
Check out our review to see what's covered, what's not and how to make a claim.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Allianz website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with finder.
What does Allianz Landlord Insurance cover?
- Your home. When a policy mentions your home or a building, this also includes pipes, cables, ducting, wires, switches and meters, fixed appliances, carports, patios, paved paths and driveways and other permanent fixtures (pools, spas, etc).
- Your contents. Referring to property owned by you as the landlord or for which you are responsible. This includes carpets, curtains and blinds, furniture and furnishings, non-permanent light fittings, removable domestic appliances and utensils, swimming pools and their accessories.
- Your home and contents. Allianz also offers combined landlords building and contents insurance. This protects the building itself which can include garages and any other permanent fixtures such as in-built swimming pools. You also get the belongings you keep at the property looked after. This includes furniture, white goods and more.
What benefits come with my cover?
|Contents||Home||Home and Contents|
|Accidental breakage of glass|
|Fire or smoke|
|Riot or civil commotion|
|Storm, rainwater or run-off|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking|
|Water or other liquid damage|
|Open air contents (outdoor furniture, etc)|
|Automatic indexation of sums insured|
|Continuation of cover when you are selling your home(s)|
|Legal liability (third party personal and property)|
|Reinstatement of sum insured after a loss|
|Removal of debris, professional rebuilding fees and extra costs to comply with building regulations|
|Rental costs after an insured event|
|Replacement of locks or cylinders|
Does Allianz Landlord Insurance offer additional cover?
- Rent default and theft by tenant. If your tenant fails to make payment, leaves without notice or has died, this option will cover the default rent either until another tenant takes up residence or payment of rent recommences.
- Strata title mortgage protection. If a strata title development that contains your lot has been destroyed and the common property has not been insured, this option would cover either the unpaid balance of your mortgage at the time of the incident or the amount for the damage or loss, whichever is the lesser.
- Landlord workers’ compensation. If you employ people to work on or around your rental property, this optional cover will protect you should you be liable to pay if they are injured while working for you. This option in not a comprehensive workplace cover and if you are operating your own business or employing full-time or part-time staff, a separate general workers’ compensation policy is necessary.
What exclusions are there?
There are certain situations or circumstances where you will not be eligible to make a claim. Specific requirements will depend on your policy and additional options, but generally you will not be covered for any wear and tear on property or contents that have seen their day. If you intentionally damage your property or house, or ask someone else to do it for you, your claim will be rejected. You won’t be able to claim against any dodgy workmanship or faulty designs and defects. Damage from the application of heat (for example, installing laminate) will also be thrown out. There are a few far-flung exclusions, such as war and terrorism, all of which will be listed in your policy document. If you have any questions, be sure to ask your broker.
What excess do I need to pay?
Your excess will depend on the type of claim you make, which will be outlined in your policy and can be discussed with your insurance broker. You may be required to pay multiple excesses, depending on the incident, for example a storm may inflict damage to your home and a resulting flood that damages your contents may both require a separate excess in your policy.
How do I make a claim with Allianz Landlord Insurance?
In the event of an accident or incident, there are a few things to do. First, prevent any further damage or injury if it is safe to do so. Do no admit any liability as fault will be adjudicated on once an investigation has been conducted.
Contact the police and keep all evidence and documents of the loss or damage and contact Allianz as soon as possible on 13 1000.
More guides on Finder
Body corporate fees
What exactly are body corporate fees and what do your quarterly fees go towards?
9 Great Property apps
We've picked our favourite property apps for buying, renting and sprucing up your living space.
Superannuation statistics 2021
There are 24.4 million super accounts in Australia from a total of 84 funds, with MySuper assets equalling $812 billion. Find out more in our report.
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Think you don’t need income insurance? Consider this heart-wrenching story first
The right insurance can save you from a financial and emotional nightmare, as this heart-breaking and expensive situation highlights.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find safe, secure and affordable boat storage near you.