Greater Bank Unsecured Personal Loan
Borrow from $5,000 up to $50,000 with terms up to 5 years. Interest charges and establishment fees apply.
This personal loan has borrowing amounts ranging from $5,000 up to $50,000, with terms from 1 to 5 years. Repayment frequency can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly and you can receive pre-approval. This loan is unsecured and does not require an asset as collateral. Interest rates are also fixed, meaning that your repayments will remain the same on a monthly basis. This can make budgeting easier. Rates start from 8.95% p.a., and while there is no monthly fee, there is an establishment fee of $275.
From 8.95% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||Greater Bank Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 8.95% (fixed)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||9.34%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
Factors to consider about the Greater Bank Unsecured Personal Loan
This is an unsecured loan, which means that Greater Bank doesn’t require collateral to secure it. No monthly fees apply, but you will be charged an establishment fee of $275. A redraw facility is available online for no charge, but a fee will be levied for redraws made by written request. The interest rate is fixed for the term of loan at 8.95% p.a.
Greater Bank also offers a secured personal loan option where you can benefit from a lower interest rate if you offer up collateral to be used as security.
Features of the Greater Bank Unsecured Personal Loan
If you’re interested in applying for this loan, here are some of its features to consider:
- Quick approval. If your application is complete, you can be approved for your loan within 24 hours.
- No security required. This is an unsecured loan, so you won’t be required to provide collateral as a guarantee.
- Fixed interest rate. Interest is fixed at 8.95% p.a., so your repayments won’t change with fluctuations in the interest rate.
- Flexible repayments. Choose to make repayments on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Additional repayments are allowed for no extra fee.
- Early repayment. If you’d like to repay the whole of the loan amount before the end of the loan period, you can do so without risking a penalty fee.
- Loan term. This loan can be repaid over a period of 1 to 5 years.
- Fees. Monthly fees are waived, but an establishment fee of $275 applies. If you default on repayments by an amount equal to less than two repayments, a fee of $6 will be charged. For a bigger default, you will be charged $20.
How to apply for the Greater Bank Unsecured Personal Loan
Applications can be submitted online. Keep in mind you’ll need to meet the following criteria to apply:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be an Australian permanent resident.
- Your credit history must be in reasonable shape.
You will be asked to submit the following documents to support your application:
- Two payslips no more than four weeks old
- Bank statements from the last three months
- A signed letter from your employer as proof of your position and income
- Driver’s licence, passport or photo card as identification
- Statements to prove that existing loans are up to date
If you receive child support, rental income or a family tax benefit, you will need to provide documentation relative to these additional income sources.
If you’re sure you need a loan, make sure you compare different loan types, even those that require collateral. In the end it comes down to what you’re willing to pay in fees and interest and, more importantly, what you can afford.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.