CUA Unsecured Variable Personal Loan
Borrow up to $60,000 online or $100,000 in-branch. The interest rate is 11.89% p.a. although repayments may vary on a monthly basis.
- Please note that CUA has been rebranded to Great Southern Bank. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
CUA, now known as the Great Southern Bank, offers a variable rate personal loan at 11.89% p.a. The comparison rate is 12.15% p.a. You can borrow between $5,000 and $60,000 online, or if you visit the branch, you can borrow up to $100,000. As this is a variable rate loan, your repayments are likely to change on a month to month basis. This may make budgeting difficult. There are no limits as to how many repayments you can make, and you can also redraw a minimum of $200. There are no monthly fees with this loan, but there is a $175 establishment fee.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Main points to consider about the CUA Variable Rate Personal Loan
When you take out a Variable Rate Personal Loan with CUA, you can enjoy no monthly fees and no penalty for early repayment. You will receive a interest rate of 11.89% p.a. You can choose when and how often you make repayments as well as being able to make as many extra ones as your finances allow.
For those who like stability with their repayments, CUA also offers a fixed rate version of its personal loan. You get the same repayment options as with the variable rate loan, including unlimited repayments.
Features of the CUA Variable Rate Personal Loan
- Interest rate. 11.89% p.a. interest is applied to the amount of your personal loan. The comparison rate is 12.15% p.a.
- Interest rate type. This is a variable rate loan, meaning that the interest rate could change with market fluctuations.
- Establishment fee. A $175 establishment fee applies.
- Loan term. Choose a loan term between 1 year and 7 years.
- Loan amount. Borrow between $5,000 and $60,000 online. You can borrow up to $100,000 if you visit branch.
- Repayments. You are offered flexible repayment options and are given the ability to make as many extra repayments as your budget allows.
- Redraw. If you make additional repayments you can access them using the redraw facility with this personal loan. There is a $200 minimum for in-branch redraws.
- Monthly fees. There are no monthly maintenance charges with this loan.
How to apply for the CUA Variable Rate Personal Loan
If the CUA Variable Rate Personal Loan is the right product for you, you can apply online. Just click the "Go to Site" button to get your application started. Before doing so, make sure that you are able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Applications will only be accepted from Australian citizens and residents
- Your current credit report should have no defaults on any credit product in the last five years
If you meet these requirements you can continue to the application page. Have the following documentation ready to assist you in filling out the paperwork:
- Personal information. You will need to supply your full name, current address and your driver's licence number.
- Employment. Employment details will be required including employer's contact information, the position you hold and how long you've worked there.
- Income. Provide details of your income. This should include your salary plus any other regular income you receive, such as a monthly rental payment.
- Assets. A list of your assets. Include your car, savings and any investment accounts.
- Liabilities. A complete list of all of your current debts. For credit cards, have ready the available balance as well as the amount that you owe.
A personal loan is a convenient way to fund an item that may be currently out of your reach. There are many features and options to consider before you make your final choice. Compare the personal loans being offered by a variety of different banking institutions before you settle for one.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.