Community First Credit Union Fixed Personal Loan
Borrow from $3,000 up to $35,000. Rates for this loan are fixed, and interest rate and processing fees apply.
The Community First Credit Union offers a fixed rate unsecured personal loan. With a fixed rate, your repayments remain the same every month, making it easier to budget. You can borrow from $3,000 up to $35,000. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly and approvals are fast. Interest rates start from 11.99% p.a., with a comparison rate of 12.28% p.a. A loan processing fee of $195 applies.
From 11.99% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Things to consider about the Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan
This loan combines the convenience of knowing what your repayments will be each month, with the flexibility of borrowing funds without having to tie up assets as security. However, the comparison rate varies between 12.28% p.a. and 17.29% and the amount borrowed can only be between $3,000 and $35,000. You should also know that you will be charged between $15 and $30 every time you use the redraw facility and there is an initial processing fee of $195.
For those looking for lower fixed rates or larger loan amounts, finder.com.au also has comparisons on fixed rate secured personal loans.
Features of the Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan
- Different fixed rates are available. This loan offers a fixed interest rate of between 11.99% p.a. and 12.28% p.a. and the comparison rate varies between 12.28% p.a. and 17.29%. Check here for a convenient explanation on personal loan comparison rates.
- Unsecured loan. This personal loan is unsecured, meaning you can borrow money without tying up assets.
- Loan amount. Borrow between $3,000 and $35,000.
- Loan term. Borrow money for a period of 1 to 5 years.
- No penalty for extra repayments. Unlike many fixed rate personal loans, you will not be penalised for additional repayments.
- Redraw facility. If you are ahead on your repayments, you can access your money via a redraw facility.
- No monthly fees. This loan does not have any monthly or account-keeping fees.
- Flexible repayment options. Make loan repayments on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
- Fast approval and a convenient application process. You can apply for this loan online and upload all relevant documentation quickly and conveniently. The application process takes around 15 minutes and you will receive an instant decision once the application is submitted.
Fees and charges
- Processing fee. A processing fee of $195 applies to all approved personal loans.
- Redraw fee. Online redraws incur a $15 fee and staff-assisted redraws cost $30.
- Late payment fee. A late payment fee of $25 is charged after 7 days if a loan repayment is not met, and again after 14 days if the repayment has still not been made.
How to apply for the Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan from Community First Credit Union
You can apply for this loan by clicking on the green “Go to Site” button above. In order for your application to be successful, you must meet the following personal loan eligibility requirements:
- Borrowing amount. You are looking to borrow between $3,000 and $35,000.
- Age. You are at least 18 years old.
- Income. A regular income or wage is required.
- Residency status. You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Good credit rating. This includes not having been bankrupt, and not having defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards in the last 5 years.
- Continuous employment. You have held your current job for longer than 3 months.
- Self-employed people are eligible. The Community First Credit Union also offers this personal loan to self-employed people who meet the above requirements.
In order to make the application as quick and seamless as possible, make sure you have the following documentation with you when you apply:
- Personal documents. Personal documents such as your current and previous address, phone number and email address
- Employment and income information. The details of your employment, wages and any other additional income you may have
- Assets. Details concerning any assets (eg home, car or savings)
- Debts and liabilities. Details concerning any debts or liabilities you currently have (eg mortgages, loans and credit cards)
The Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan is a convenient personal loan product that has numerous advantages such as the certainty of a fixed rate, no collateral requirements, a penalty-free additional repayment option and a redraw facility. That being said, it comes with various fees and conditions and you should compare it with other fixed rate personal loans before deciding if this product is right for you.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.