Community First Credit Union: Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan
Lock in a fixed rate with no penalties for additional repayments and a convenient redraw facility.
The Community First Credit Union offers a Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan that can make your life stress-free and more enjoyable. It lets you do things, such as renovate your home or deal with an unexpected financial obligation. The loan allows you to borrow up to $35,000 on an unsecured basis at a fixed interest rate, starting from 11.99% p.a. You can make additional repayments without any penalties, and access the funds through a convenient redraw facility whenever you need them.
From 11.99% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Things to consider about the Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan
This loan combines the convenience of knowing what your repayments will be each month, with the flexibility of borrowing funds without having to tie up assets as security. However, the comparison rate varies between
For those looking for lower fixed rates or larger loan amounts, finder.com.au also has comparisons on fixed rate secured personal loans.
Features of the Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan
- Different fixed rates are available. This loan offers a fixed interest rate of between
11.99% p.a.and 12.28% p.a.and the comparison rate varies between 12.28% p.a.and 17.29%. Check here for a convenient explanation on personal loan comparison rates.
- Unsecured loan. This personal loan is unsecured, meaning you can borrow money without tying up assets.
- Loan amount. Borrow between
- Loan term. Borrow money for a period of
1 to 5 years.
- No penalty for extra repayments. Unlike many fixed rate personal loans, you will not be penalised for additional repayments.
- Redraw facility. If you are ahead on your repayments, you can access your money via a redraw facility.
- No monthly fees. This loan does not have any monthly or account-keeping fees.
- Flexible repayment options. Make loan repayments on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
- Fast approval and a convenient application process. You can apply for this loan online and upload all relevant documentation quickly and conveniently. The application process takes around 15 minutes and you will receive an instant decision once the application is submitted.
Fees and charges
- Processing fee. A processing fee of
$195applies to all approved personal loans.
- Redraw fee. Online redraws incur a $15 fee and staff-assisted redraws cost $30.
- Late payment fee. A late payment fee of $25 is charged after 7 days if a loan repayment is not met, and again after 14 days if the repayment has still not been made.
How to apply for the Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan from Community First Credit Union
You can apply for this loan by clicking on the green “Go to Site” button above. In order for your application to be successful, you must meet the following personal loan eligibility requirements:
- Borrowing amount. You are looking to borrow between
- Age. You are at least 18 years old.
- Income. A regular income or wage is required.
- Residency status. You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Good credit rating. This includes not having been bankrupt, and not having defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards in the last 5 years.
- Continuous employment. You have held your current job for longer than 3 months.
- Self-employed people are eligible. The Community First Credit Union also offers this personal loan to self-employed people who meet the above requirements.
In order to make the application as quick and seamless as possible, make sure you have the following documentation with you when you apply:
- Personal documents. Personal documents such as your current and previous address, phone number and email address
- Employment and income information. The details of your employment, wages and any other additional income you may have
- Assets. Details concerning any assets (eg home, car or savings)
- Debts and liabilities. Details concerning any debts or liabilities you currently have (eg mortgages, loans and credit cards)
The Community First Credit Union Fixed Rate Unsecured Personal Loan is a convenient personal loan product that has numerous advantages such as the certainty of a fixed rate, no collateral requirements, a penalty-free additional repayment option and a redraw facility. That being said, it comes with various fees and conditions and you should compare it with other fixed rate personal loans before deciding if this product is right for you.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.