Citibank exchange rates
Compare Citibank's exchange rates before your next international money transfer.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Exchange rates can make all the difference when sending money overseas. And while using your bank might seem convenient, it often won't offer the best value for money.
The smart thing to do is to compare your options – and that means knowing what exchange rate you'll get. Begin by checking out Citibank's current exchange rates and comparing them to other options.
What are Citibank's foreign exchange rates?
The table below an example of the exchange rates used by Citibank for international money transfers, and is accurate as of 25 November 2020.
- "Citibank buys" is the price Citibank will give you in Australian dollars for foreign currencies.
- "Citibank sells" is how much Citibank will give you in foreign currency for each Australian dollar you "sell" it in a money transfer. These are the rates you will get when sending Australian dollars overseas.
|Currency||Code||Citibank buys||Citibank sells|
|Great British Pound||GBP||0.561||0.5417|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD||5.8095||5.6097|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD||1.0746||1.0376|
|South African Rand||ZAR||NA||10.9674|
Citibank currency exchange: What to know
What we like
- Instant transfers between Citibank accounts. As a global bank, you can make instant transfers to overseas Citibank accounts in over 15 countries.
- Flexible account options. The Citibank Plus account lets you make instant international payments to eligible Citibank accounts without any transfer fees. Meanwhile, the Citi Global Currency Account can hold up to 10 different currencies, cut international transfer fees and even earn interest on AUD balances.
What to watch out for
- Uncompetitive exchange rates. Citibank adds a larger margin to exchange rates than specialist money transfer services typically do.
- Fees apply. Different fees can apply in different circumstances. Compared to dedicated international money transfer services, it can be more difficult to ensure you've accounted for all possible fees.
How do Citibank's exchange rates compare?
Exchange rates are constantly changing, so it's not possible to flat out say one bank will always offer better or worse rates than another.
But being able to check the live rates is the next best thing, so compare your options when you need to make a money transfer and see if you can save.
More guides on Finder
Citi Foreign Exchange Services review
Invest in global currencies with help from experienced relationship managers (coming soon).
Luno cryptocurrency exchange – review
Buy bitcoin and Ethereum with selected fiat currencies through Luno’s easy-to-use platform.
Finder Cash Rate Survey: RBA holds rate at 0.25%, November cut expected
Despite mounting speculation about the possibility of another cut, the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has today announced that it will hold the cash rate at 0.25% in October. See what the experts had to say as part of the Finder RBA Cash Rate Survey.
How to compare cryptocurrency exchanges
SPONSORED: The best way to compare cryptocurrency exchanges is to know how to do it yourself.
Revolut launches in Australia: How does it compare to rival neobanks and fintechs?
As Revolut announces it's open for business in Australia, we look at how it compares to the likes of Up bank, TransferWise and 86 400.
Xinja to launch $0 commission share trading platform Dabble
Xinja is set to be Australia’s first bank to offer $0 brokerage share trading. Here’s how it compares to the rest.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency tax in Australia
A beginner’s guide to your cryptocurrency tax obligations and how the ATO is targeting digital currency holdings in 2019.
Global currency, recession and Bitcoin, part 1: What, why and how?
How to make sense of Bitcoin next to the rise of a global digital currency to replace the US dollar.
Sending money internationally during the coronavirus pandemic
Learn about how COVID-19 may affect the ways you transfer cash around the world.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates with no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert