Compare Citibank's current exchange rates before your next international money transfer.
Exchange rates can make all the difference when sending money overseas. And while using your bank might seem convenient, it often won't offer the best value for money.
The smart thing to do is to compare your options – and that means knowing what exchange rate you'll get. Begin by checking out Citibank's current exchange rates and comparing them to other options.
What are Citibank's foreign exchange rates?
The table below shows the current exchange rates used by Citibank for international money transfers. It's updated daily, so is accurate as of 20 March 2019.
- "Citibank buys" is the price Citibank will give you in Australian dollars for foreign currencies.
- "Citibank sells" is how much Citibank will give you in foreign currency for each Australian dollar you "sell" it in a money transfer. These are the rates you will get when sending Australian dollars overseas.
|Currency||Code||Citibank buys||Citibank sells||For AUD$10,000, you'll get|
|Canadian Dollar||CAD||0.963||0.9259||CAD 9,259|
|Danish Kroner||DKK||NA||4.5784||DKK 45,784|
|Great British Pound||GBP||0.5449||0.5239||GBP 5,239|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD||5.6608||5.4685||HKD 54,685|
|Indian Rupee||INR||NA||48||INR 480,000|
|Japanese Yen||JPY||80.562||77.36||JPY 773,600|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD||1.0495||1.0186||NZD 10,186|
|Norwegian Kroner||NOK||NA||5.9406||NOK 59,406|
|Philippine Peso||PHP||NA||36.777||PHP 367,770|
|Singapore Dollar||SGD||0.9765||0.939||SGD 9,390|
|South African Rand||ZAR||NA||10.079||ZAR 100,790|
|Swedish Kronor||SEK||NA||6.4168||SEK 64,168|
|Swiss Franc||CHF||0.723||0.6937||CHF 6,937|
|Thai Baht||THB||NA||22.048||THB 220,480|
|US Dollar||USD||0.7206||0.697||USD 6,970|
Citibank currency exchange: What to know
What we like
- Instant transfers between Citibank accounts. As a global bank, you can make instant transfers to overseas Citibank accounts in over 15 countries.
- Flexible account options. The Citibank Plus account lets you make instant international payments to eligible Citibank accounts without any transfer fees. Meanwhile, the Citi Global Currency Account can hold up to 10 different currencies, cut international transfer fees and even earn interest on AUD balances.
What to watch out for
- Uncompetitive exchange rates. Citibank adds a larger margin to exchange rates than specialist money transfer services typically do.
- Fees apply. Different fees can apply in different circumstances. Compared to dedicated international money transfer services, it can be more difficult to ensure you've accounted for all possible fees.
How do Citibank's exchange rates compare?
Exchange rates are constantly changing, so it's not possible to flat out say one bank will always offer better or worse rates than another.
But being able to check the live rates is the next best thing, so compare your options when you need to make a money transfer and see if you can save.
The "Rate" and "Amount Received" displayed are indicative rates that have been supplied by each brand or gathered by Finder.
Exchange rates are volatile and change often. As a result, the exchange rate listed on Finder may vary to the actual exchange rate quoted for the brand. Please confirm the actual exchange rate and mention "Finder" before you commit to a brand.