Citibank exchange rates
Compare Citibank's exchange rates before your next international money transfer.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Exchange rates can make all the difference when sending money overseas. And while using your bank might seem convenient, it often won't offer the best value for money.
The smart thing to do is to compare your options – and that means knowing what exchange rate you'll get. Begin by checking out Citibank's current exchange rates and comparing them to other options.
What are Citibank's foreign exchange rates?
The table below an example of the exchange rates used by Citibank for international money transfers, and is accurate as of 25 November 2020.
- "Citibank buys" is the price Citibank will give you in Australian dollars for foreign currencies.
- "Citibank sells" is how much Citibank will give you in foreign currency for each Australian dollar you "sell" it in a money transfer. These are the rates you will get when sending Australian dollars overseas.
|Currency||Code||Citibank buys||Citibank sells|
|Great British Pound||GBP||0.561||0.5417|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD||5.8095||5.6097|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD||1.0746||1.0376|
|South African Rand||ZAR||NA||10.9674|
Citibank currency exchange: What to know
What we like
- Instant transfers between Citibank accounts. As a global bank, you can make instant transfers to overseas Citibank accounts in over 15 countries.
- Flexible account options. The Citibank Plus account lets you make instant international payments to eligible Citibank accounts without any transfer fees. Meanwhile, the Citi Global Currency Account can hold up to 10 different currencies, cut international transfer fees and even earn interest on AUD balances.
What to watch out for
- Uncompetitive exchange rates. Citibank adds a larger margin to exchange rates than specialist money transfer services typically do.
- Fees apply. Different fees can apply in different circumstances. Compared to dedicated international money transfer services, it can be more difficult to ensure you've accounted for all possible fees.
How do Citibank's exchange rates compare?
Exchange rates are constantly changing, so it's not possible to flat out say one bank will always offer better or worse rates than another.
But being able to check the live rates is the next best thing, so compare your options when you need to make a money transfer and see if you can save.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
5 best early-bird EOFY sales: including 50% off 8K TVs
Here are the five best EOFY 2021 sales you can shop right now - including 50% off 75-inch 8K TVs at The Good Guys.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.
Ask an Expert