How to buy Pilbara Minerals shares
Own Pilbara Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pilbara Minerals Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Pilbara Minerals shares (PLS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Pilbara Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $84.1 million..
How to buy shares in Pilbara Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pilbara Minerals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PLS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pilbara Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.405, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pilbara Minerals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Pilbara Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pilbara Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Pilbara Minerals performance over time
- Pilbara Minerals's financials
- How volatile are Pilbara Minerals shares?
- Does Pilbara Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Pilbara Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Pilbara Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PLS stocks over time.
Pilbara Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.135 - $1.37|
|50-day moving average||$0.9338|
|200-day moving average||$0.5243|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.016|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pilbara Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pilbara Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-65.53%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-54.24%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||1.25%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||14.08%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||10.96%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-40.44%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-59.90%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||30.65%|
Pilbara Minerals financials
|Revenue TTM||$84.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-33,763,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26%|
|Market capitalisation||$4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pilbara Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Pilbara Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pilbara Minerals's shares ever split?
Pilbara Minerals's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 31 March 2008. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pilbara Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pilbara Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Pilbara Minerals's share price.
Pilbara Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pilbara Minerals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.135 up to $1.37. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pilbara Minerals's is 1.8447. This would suggest that Pilbara Minerals's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Pilbara Minerals overview
Pilbara Minerals Limited engages in the exploration, development, and operation of mineral resources in Australia. The company primarily holds a 100% interest in the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Pilbara Minerals units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert