Afterpay Touch Group (APT) is a global payments technology company headquarted in Australia and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Having revolutionised the way we shop with its buy now pay later (BNPL) service, Afterpay is considered one of the most successful tech companies on the ASX. If you want to buy APT shares, check out the data and follow the steps below.
How to buy shares in Afterpay
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Afterpay. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: APT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Afterpay reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$66.54, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Afterpay. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Afterpay (APT)
Afterpay share priceUse our graph to track the performance of APT stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy Afterpay shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Afterpay company summary
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||400|
Detailed company information
Afterpay Limited operates as a payments company in Australia. The company offers Afterpay, an instalment payment service, which enables consumers to buy products on a buy now, receive now, pay later' basis online or in-store. It also provides Pay Now services, including mobility, health, and e-services that offer payment guarantee services for businesses against fraud using proprietary platforms, as well as enables consumers to purchase products in-store and online through methods, such as mobile apps and interactive voice recognition systems for the telecommunications, health, and convenience retail sectors. In addition, the company offers ATG System platform, which provides various service modules. The company was formerly known as Afterpay Touch Group Limited and changed its name to Afterpay Limited in November 2019. Afterpay Limited was incorporated in 2017 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert