- High interest rate with no strings attached
- No minimum balance requirement
- Insights into your spending and saving habits
- No fees
Not suited for
- Customers who like to visit a bank branch
- Internet banking or phone banking (it's a 100% app-based account)
What to know about the Xinja Stash savings account
|Product Name||Xinja Stash|
|Domestic ATM Fee||$0|
|International ATM Fee||$0|
|Standard Interest Rate (Savings Account)||2.25%|
|Licensing||Full Authorised Deposit-Taking Institution Licence|
Features of the Xinja Stash savings account
Competitive ongoing interest rate of 2.25% p.a.
You'll earn a high variable interest rate of 2.25% p.a. on balances in your Xinja Stash account up to $245,000. This rate isn't an introductory or honeymoon rate, it's an ongoing variable rate.
No account conditions to meet
Unlike most other high-interest savings accounts, there are no conditions to earn the 2.25% p.a. variable rate with Xinja Stash. You don't need to deposit a certain amount into the account each month, and you don't need to meet any spend conditions.
Link to a Xinja bank account
The Xinja Stash account can be opened by first downloading the Xinja app, opening a Xinja bank account then linking a Stash account. You can move money back and forth between your Xinja bank account and savings account whenever you need without affecting your interest.
100% digital, app-based account
Xinja is a digital bank that operates entirely through an app. The app offers detailed insights into your spending with spending categorisation features so you can see how much you're spending and what on.
No debit card access for Xinja Stash
Xinja Stash doesn't offer debit card access to the account, as it's designed to encourage you to save. However, you can transfer money from the Stash account to your Xinja bank account, which does come with a free linked debit card.
How to open a Xinja Stash account
You'll need to first open a Xinja bank account then link your Xinja Stash account. Follow these steps to get yourself a Xinja bank account:
- Download the app. Download the app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter your details. Open the app and enter your details to create a Xinja account. You'll need to verify you identity, so have your driver's licence, passport or birth certificate handy.
- Link your Stash account. Once your Xinja bank account is open, you can instantly add a Stash account to it in the app.