Enjoy fast, secure and fee-free international money transfers from global payments provider XE.
|Product Name||XE International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||AUD 0|
|Max. Transfer Amount||AUD 500,000|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, FJD, GBP, HKD, HUF, INR, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PGK, PHP, PLN, SBD, SEK, SGD, THB, TOP, USD, VUV, WST, XPF, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||AUD 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||AUD 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- Great rates & no fees
- Secure & reliable
- Trade in 60 world currencies
- Not available for more exotic countries including Indonesia and Bangladesh
Since launching its overseas money transfer service in 2002, XE has handled over $10 billion worth of global payments. XE helps over 33,000 people each year make international payments. XE offers a range of flexible features to ensure fast and simple international money transfers with no transaction fees. Plus, you can transfer money to over 170 countries. It’s easy and free to sign up for an XE account and all transactions receive high-level encryption technology for complete security.
XE exchange rates
As XE specialises in a wide range of foreign currency solutions, customers can access live exchange rates that reflect market conditions. These rates change regularly throughout the day to keep pace with any fluctuations in the market, and are typically more competitive than the rates offered by major banks. Members can access live exchange rates through the online portal after logging in. XE offers more competitive rates for larger transactions over AUD$10,000.
How much does it cost to transfer money with XE?
XE does not charge any fees or commissions on international money transfers. Instead, it turns a profit on the spread, which is the difference between the price you receive for a transaction and the price it actually costs XE to complete that trade. There are no ongoing account fees to worry about and no transaction fees. It is important to note that the exchange rate you will pay is not the rate offered on XE's website, as this is the mid-market rate. Outgoing wire transfers do attract a fee, although this is generally lower than what banks charge for a similar transaction. In some rare cases you may also incur some third-party charges, such as fees from financial institutions for receiving wire transfers.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
There is no minimum transfer limit when you send funds overseas with XE, and you’re able to trade 60 global currencies. These include, but are not limited to:
- US Dollar
- Australian Dollar
- United Arab Emirates Dirham
- Bahrain Dinar
- Canada Dollar
- Swiss Franc
- Czech Republic Koruna
- Denmark Krone
- Fiji Dollar
- Great Britain Pound
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Hungary Forint
- Israel New Shekel
- Japan Yen
- Mexico Peso
- Norway Krone
- New Zealand Dollar
- Poland Zloty
- Sweden Kroner
- Singapore Dollar
- Thailand Baht
- East Caribbean Dollar
- South Africa Rand
- Ivory Coast
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- North Korea
- The Taliban (group)
What types of transfers can you carry out with XE?
There are several transfer options available with XE and no minimum limit per transaction. You can send your transfer from your linked bank account via the following methods:
- Limit orders: You can request XE to buy or sell a currency when a specific exchange rate is reached.
- Forward contracts: Lock in exchange rates for a future transaction.
- Regular payments: You can perform a one-off transaction with XE, or you can schedule recurring payments.
What payment options are available?
You can pay XE via a bank transfer, which can be implemented via your online banking or phone banking. Australian customers can also use BPay to transfer the funds to XE. You first need to confirm your transaction then XE will provide you with its bank details. You cannot make payment in cash.
The registration and transfer process
Signing up for an account with XE is simple and entirely free. All you have to do is enter your name, email address, country of residence and provide two forms of identification. Once your account is ready, you can make a transfer in a few simple steps:
- Log in to your account
- Confirm the currency you'd like to exchange and the amount you want to send
- Tell XE where to send the money (providing your recipient's bank details) and confirm your payment method
- If you're happy with the quote, agree to the transfer
- The funds will be deposited into your recipient's account within 1-4 business days - they do not need to hold an XE account in order to access the money you send.
Pros and cons of using XE
- No fees. XE does not charge any transaction fees, commissions or ongoing fees.
- Competitive rates. XE offers highly competitive exchange rates to customers. Compare XE’s rates with those offered by the banks to see how they stack up.
- Currency specialists. Unlike banks, which offer a wide range of financial products and services, XE specialises solely in global currency markets.
- No credit card payment. XE does not allow you to pay for an international money transfer from your credit card.
- Need to create account. To get a quote on the current exchange rate for your transfer, you need to create an account and sign in.