Teachers Mutual Bank Travel Loan
Borrow from $2,000 up to $30,000 with terms up to 5 years. This loan is available for members only.
This loan is available to members of the Teachers Mutual Bank for loan amounts between $2,000 up to $30,000. You can become a member by purchasing a $10 share when you apply. This loan is specifically designed for holidays and travel. The interest rate is variable, meaning that it can fluctuate month by month based on the market interest rate. The interest rate starts at 11.45% p.a., with a comparison rate of 12.15% p.a. There are no monthly fees with this loan, but there is an application fee of $100.
From 11.45% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Things to consider about the Teachers Mutual Bank Travel Loan
This is a travel loan, which may be a cheaper alternative to a credit card to fund your next holiday. The loan is unsecured, so you do not need to put up any assets as collateral. It also has a variable interest rate of 11.45% p.a., which is generally lower than fixed rate options. Teachers Mutual Bank allows you to make additional repayments to pay your loan off sooner without incurring any fees.
Teachers Mutual Bank is similar to a credit union in that it exists solely to provide good value services to its members. You must become a member before you can use its services.
Features of the Teachers Mutual Bank Travel Loan
The Teachers Mutual Bank travel loan comes with a full range of features to make managing and repaying your loan easier.
- No ongoing fees. There is an application fee of $100, but there are no ongoing maintenance or monthly fees. As long as you make all your repayments on time and don’t overdraw the loan amount, you will only have to make interest repayments.
- Variable Interest rate. The interest rate is currently 11.45% p.a.
- Flexible repayment terms. Align your loan repayments with your pay cycle and make either weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
- Ability to make extra repayments. You are able to make additional repayments without incurring a fee or penalty. This is a handy way to save on the total interest you pay by repaying the loan amount sooner.
- Low minimum loan amount. Loans can be from $2,000 to $30,000, giving you a low interest rate alternative to using a credit card for small sums.
- Loan term. You can take out a loan for up to 5 years. A fee is charged if the loan is paid off before 12 months.
- Fee-free redraw facility. This gives you the option of redrawing additional repayments at no extra charge so you can access any extra money you have already contributed to the loan.
How to apply for the Teachers Mutual Bank Travel Loan
To apply for a travel loan with Teachers Mutual Bank you must first become a member, which can be done online.
To become a member you will need to:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be 18 years old or over
- Purchase a $10 share in the bank (refundable if you choose to leave)
Once you are a member, to apply for a travel loan you will need:
- Proof of income and assets
- Employer’s name and contact details
- Details of other loans, liabilities and living costs
- Proof of identification
The Teachers Mutual Bank travel loan is a low-cost option for your next big holiday. Before you apply for any financing, be sure to check out other unsecured personal loans to compare interest rates and find the best option for you.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.