Teachers Mutual Bank All Purpose Personal Loan
Borrow from $4,000 up to $80,000 with terms up to 7 years. This loan is available for members only.
This loan is available to members of the Teachers Mutual Bank for loan amounts between $4,000 up to $80,000. You can become a member by purchasing a $10 share when you apply. The loan can be used for any purpose, including travel, home improvements or unforeseen events. The interest rate is variable, meaning that it can fluctuate month by month based on the market interest rate. The interest rate starts at 11.99% p.a., with a comparison rate of 12.14% p.a. There are no monthly fees with this loan, but there is an application fee of $100.
From 11.99% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||Teachers Mutual All Purpose Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 11.99% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||12.14%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$4,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$80,000|
Things to consider about Teachers Mutual All Purpose loan
Borrow between $4,000 and $80,000 and repay over a maximum period of 7 years. You also have the option to make additional payments which you can access through a free redraw facility. No fees are a charged for early settlement. The interest is variable and starts at 11.99% p.a.
Keep in mind that only members of the Teachers Mutual Bank can apply for this loan. To become a member, you or a family member must be employed in the Australian education sector. A $10 membership applies. While there are no ongoing or redraw fees associated with this loan, you will be charged an establishment fee of $100 and a dishonour fee of $8 for failed direct debits.
Features of the Teachers Mutual All Purpose loan
If you're interested in applying for this loan, here are some of its features:
- Available to members only. This loan product is only available to Teacher Mutual Bank members. You can become a member by purchasing a $10 share when you apply.
- Quick online application. The online application form takes a few minutes to complete.
- Flexible. This is an all-purpose loan to be used for any expense.
- Loan amount. Depending on what you can afford, you can borrow between $4,000 and $80,000.
- Loan term. This loan can be repaid over a maximum loan period of 7 years. You can choose to make weekly, fortnightly and monthly repayments.
- Competitive interest. The interest charged starts at 11.99% p.a. Interest is variable, which means that it can change throughout your loan term.
- Extra repayments. You can make additional payments without risking a penalty fee.
- Free redraw. You can withdraw additional repayments through a free redraw facility.
- Early settlement. No fees are charged for early settlement.
- Accessible. You can manage your loan online, over the phone and through mobile banking.
How to apply for the Teachers Mutual All Purpose loan
You can start your application conveniently online. Joint applications are allowed. Keep in mind the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a member of Teachers Mutual Bank.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
In addition to the information supplied for membership, you will also be asked to provide details concerning:
- Salary and other sources of income
- Existing debts and liabilities
Applying for a personal loan is a good way to bridge financial gaps, especially when dealing with costly unforeseen circumstances. However, every loan must be repaid, so be sure you can afford repayments before signing any contracts.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate of 8.9% p.a. with a comparison rate of 9.18% p.a. if you're approved.
A credit limit up to $75,000 that you can continue to draw down over terms up to 5 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 6.05% p.a. to 20.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A personalised loan from $2,001 to $75,000 that varies based on your credit history and financial situation.
You'll receive a guaranteed rate of 6.49% p.a. with a comparison rate of 7.41% p.a. if you're approved.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.