Ria Australia international money transfers
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
1 - 2 days
|Product Name||Ria Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||AUD 2|
|Max. Transfer Amount||AUD 4,999|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Agent, Bank Account to Bank Account, Cash Transfer|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments|
Minimum transfer time
|1 - 2 days|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email, Branch|
|Available Currencies||AED, ALL, AMD, ARS, AUD, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BOB, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, DJF, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KMF, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, MAD, MDL, MMK, MNT, MRO, MXN, MYR, MZN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SEK, SLL, SRD, THB, TJS, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, VUV, XAF, XOF|
|Online Transfer Fee||AUD 15|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
Ria exchange rates and fees
The exchange rate you get includes a mark-up which Ria applies to the mid-market exchange rate. Ria offers a "Price Calculator" feature on its website which can be used to check the current customer rates available. It's also worth remembering that the exchange rates listed online are different to those available at Ria stores.
Transfer fees with Ria vary depending on the amount you're sending, the country you're sending it to and how you'll pay for your transfer. Transfers paid for using a credit card tend to be the most expensive, with bank transfers a much cheaper option.
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with Ria by using our tool below. You can also check out the real-time exchange rate Ria offers and if there are any additional fees.
Ria allows you to send money transfers to more than 145 countries. Supported currencies include:
- CNY Chinese yuan
- EUR euro
- GBP British pound
- INR Indian rupee
- PHP Philippine peso
- PKR Pakistani rupee
- THB Thai baht
- USD US dollar
You can see the full list of Ria's supported currencies above.
What types of transfers can you make with Ria?
In Australia, Ria supports three transfer types:
- Cash pick-up transfers. You can send a quick cash transfer which your recipient can then collect from their nearest Ria agent location on the same day. Ria has 350,000+ locations in 149 countries.
- Bank deposit transfers. Ria allows you to send a bank deposit to accounts held with most major banks around the world. You'll need to provide your recipient's bank account details in order to send this type of transfer.
- Home delivery transfers. This service allows you to have the money you send delivered to your recipient's home or office by courier. These transfers are available when you're sending money to Armenia, Hungary, Morocco, Vietnam, the Philippines, the Dominican Republic or Peru.
How long does a transfer with Ria take?
There are a couple of factors to consider when working out how long your transfer will take.
The first is how long it will take to deposit funds with Ria. Cash deposits are processed straight away, while debit and credit card payments are typically available within 15 minutes. Direct bank transfers are available within 24-48 banking hours.
The second factor is the payout method your recipient selects. Cash pick-up and home delivery transfers are typically completed the same day, but bank deposits can take a little longer.
What payment methods does Ria accept?
Ria supports the following payment methods:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- POLi transfer
Transfers typically take
1 - 2 days
Is Ria safe to use?
- Regulation: Regulated in Australia and the USA.
- Established: 1987.
- Global network: 350,000+ locations in 149 countries.
- Rating: Rating of 8.3/10* from 2,700+ reviews on Trustpilot.
With headquarters in the United States, Ria is regulated by the US Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). It also claims to comply with the laws in all jurisdictions in which it operates – in Australia it is regulated by ASIC and listed on AUSTRAC's Remittance Sector Register.
Ria claims to implement a range of measures to ensure the safety of your money and data. These include modelling designed to spot suspicious transactions, Extended Validation SSL certificates and never storing private customer data on its servers.
How does Ria make money?
Ria makes money in two ways:
- By charging transfer fees.
- By adding a margin to the mid-market exchange rate. The mid-market rate is the "true" exchange rate you see listed on Google, and is the rate at which banks buy and sell currency from one another.
How to register an account
You'll need to sign up for a free account with Ria before you can send an online transfer. Here's what you'll need to do.
How do I make an international money transfer with Ria?
You can send money overseas with Ria by completing the following steps:
- Sign in to your Ria account.
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer and select the country you want to send it to.
- Select your payment method and enter your payment details.
- Select your payout method.
- Enter your recipient's information including their full name, email address and phone number, and their bank account details (if sending a bank deposit).
- Review all transfer details and submit your transaction.
What is Ria?
Ria is a money transfer service that aims to make it easier and more affordable for people to send money to loved ones overseas. First established in New York in 1987, Ria now boasts a network of 369,000 agent locations in 149 countries. This makes it one of the largest money transfer services in the world.
In a nutshell
- Multiple transfer options. Ria offers cash pick-up and bank deposit transfers, while home delivery is also available to a handful of countries.
- Multiple payment methods. You can choose from a wide range of payment options, including bank transfer, credit card, debit card and cash.
- Send money to more than 145 countries. With an agent network that encompasses 149 countries, Ria allows you to send funds to a long list of destinations.
- Easy to use. Whether sending money online or in person, Ria's transfer service is simple and straightforward.
- Fees. Ria's fees vary based on the currency and amount you send as well as the payment method. Depending on the specifics of your transaction, you may be able to find lower fees with other transfer services.
- Exchange rates. If you're sending an online transfer to your recipient's bank account, you may be able to find better exchange rates elsewhere.
- High fees when paying by card. If you want to pay for your transfer with your credit or debit card, expect to pay higher fees than if you use a bank deposit.
- Can't send large amounts. Ria's maximum online daily transfer limit is $5,000, so you'll need to consider other options if you want to send a larger amount of money.
How does Ria compare to other providers?
Want to see how Ria stacks up against a range of other transfer services? Enter the details of your transaction into the calculator below to compare fees and exchange rates across several money transfer providers.
Frequently asked questions
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
SingX offers the real exchange rate every time you make a transfer and can help you send money across the world.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.