Latitude Financial Services Personal Loan
Apply for up to $70,000 and choose from a secured or unsecured loan option.
The Latitude Financial Services Personal Loan is suitable for a range of borrowing purposes, from debt consolidation to new or used car finance. The loan can be either secured or unsecured. Loan amounts from $3,000 are available. Find out more about how this loan works in this review.
3 things you should know about this loan
- Get a lower rate by attaching security. You can opt for either unsecured or secured with this loan, with a 1% lower rate available with the secured loan. Keep in mind the rate you receive is risk-based and dependent on your risk profile.
- Lower fees for lower loan amounts. You'll pay a $250 application fee if you apply for $5,000 or more and a $140 application fee for loans under $5,000.
- Early repayment. You will only pay an early repayment fee if you repay the loan in the first half of your loan term.
From 13.99% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Main points to consider with the Latitude Personal Loan
This personal loan can be either secured or unsecured, with both coming with a fixed rate based on Latitude's risk-based pricing. The secured option comes with rates from 12.99% p.a. while the unsecured option comes with rates from 13.99% p.a. You'll need to pay a $250 establishment fee for loans $5,000 or more, or $140 for loans under $5,000. There is also a monthly service fee of $13. Early repayment fees (detailed below) may apply.
Features of the Latitude Financial Services Personal Loan
- Fixed interest. The secured loan comes with a fixed interest rate from 12.99% p.a. while the unsecured loan comes with a fixed rate from 13.99% p.a.
- Risk-based pricing. Latitude uses risk-based pricing to determine your interest rates. This means you'll be offered a rate based on your financial circumstances and the information your provide in your application.
- Loan amount. This loan is for people looking to borrow a minimum of $3,000.
- Loan term. The loan term ranges from 1 to 7 years, allowing you to better plan your repayments and ensure you pay back your loan on time.
- Security. If you choose to attach security to your loan, you can guarantee a new or used car, motorbike, personal watercraft, boat, campervan or caravan. Keep in mind that at least 50% of the vehicle needs to be for personal purposes.
- Repayment flexibility. Latitude Financial Service offers flexible repayment options with this loan. You can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments and can repay through direct debit, Australia Post or BPAY.
- Online application. You can apply for this loan online and the application process is relatively quick and easy. In most cases, you can find out if you’re approved on the same day you apply.
- Additional repayments.You can make additional payments at any time to reduce your loan term and avoid paying extra interest costs.
- Optional loan protection insurance. If you select this loan you can choose to have optional loan protection insurance.
Fees to consider
The following fees apply to this loan:
- Establishment fee: $250 establishment fee for loans $5,000 or more, or $140 for loans under $5,000
- Monthly service fee: $13
- Early termination fee: If you repay your loan in full in the first half of your loan term you will have to pay a $300 fee. This fee drops to $0 if you repay your loan in the second half of your loan term.
How to apply for the Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan
If you’ve decided a Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan is right for you, applying online is very simple. All you need to do is click "Go to Site" and follow the link to the lender’s website to complete your application form. To apply for this loan you must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Have held a good credit history for the past five years
- Have not declared bankrupt in the past seven years
If you meet those criteria and would like to complete your application, you will require the following documentation:
- Proof of your identity, such as a driver’s licence, proof of age card or passport
- Proof of income in the form of payslips or your last tax return if you're self-employed
- Amounts you owe on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards, as well as their limits and repayments
- Your living expenses, including rent and/or mortgage repayments
If you’re looking for a competitive fixed rate secured personal loan, the Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan is an option worth considering. However, make sure to consider all your options before you decide which loan is right for you.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate between 8.99% p.a. and 17.99% p.a. (9.67% p.a. to 18.6% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
A credit limit up to $75,000 that you can continue to draw down over terms up to 5 years. Note: The establishment fee will be waived if you apply before 30 September 2019.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Benefit from no ongoing fees, no early repayment fees and flexible loan terms on amounts up to $30,000.
You'll receive a variable rate between p.a. and 16.40 p.a. based on your risk profile
A flexible loan with amounts from $2,001 and terms starting from 6 months. Interest and comparison rates calculated for a loan term of 3 years.