Suncorp has a long history of providing financial services to Australians. As well as offering insurance policies, Suncorp also offers a range of benefits and deals with over 100 retailers, offering its customers discounts on groceries, savings on bigger purchases and instant rewards. While these bonuses might entice, do its policies stack up and can they protect your properties and contents? What is included and what exclusions are there? How easy is it to make a claim and how much will it cost you? Read on for a thorough breakdown of Suncorp Landlord Insurance.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Suncorp website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with finder.
What is included in my policy?
- Your home. When a policy mentions your home or a building, this also includes pipes, cables, ducting, wires, switches, meters, fixed appliances, carports, patios, paved paths, driveways and other permanent fixtures (pools, spas, etc).
- Your contents. Referring to property owned by you as the landlord or for which you are responsible. This includes carpets, curtains, blinds, furniture, furnishings, non-permanent light fittings, removable domestic appliances, utensils, swimming pools and their accessories.
- Your tenants. If you’re renting your property you are covered for incidents that involve loss of rent. This includes if your property is damaged and declared unsuitable for use, your tenant breaks the lease, is unable to pay rent due to financial difficulties or if a tenant or their guest damages, vandalises or burgles your property or contents.
What benefits come with my cover?
|Earthquake and tsunami|
|Theft or burglary by tenants or their guests|
|Theft or burglary by people who are not tenants or their guests|
|Accidental breakage of glass|
|Escape of liquid|
|Damage by an animal|
|Riot, civil commotion or public disturbance|
|Malicious acts or vandalism|
|Removal of debris||10% of contents sum insured||10% of property sum insured|
|Storage of undamaged contents||10% of contents sum insured|
|Damage to gardens and plants||$1,000|
|Mortgagee’s discharge costs||$1,000|
|Loss of rent||Up to 52 weeks of rent - 10% of contents sum insured||Up to 52 weeks of rent - 10% of property sum insured|
|Prevention of access|
|Legal costs to recover unpaid rent||$5,000||$5,000|
|Damage from physical injury or incident|
|Contents on common property||$1,000|
|Matching undamaged parts||$1,000||$1,000|
What additional cover options are there?
- Accidental damage. Protect your home and contents against any accidental damage that may occur to property or contents such as ceramic tiles, the TV, drink glasses and more. This cover also includes the cost of removing glass fragments from your property or contents.
- Motor burnout. If an electric motor burns out or fuses, this optional cover will cover the cost to repair or replace the motor, whether it’s part of your home contents (home appliance, etc) or part of the building (garage door, etc).
- Safety net protection. If the cost of repairing or replacing your home and contents after an incident exceeds the sum insured, this optional extra would increase the claim amount by up to 25%.
What exclusions are there?
There are certain situations or circumstances where you will not be eligible to make a claim. Typically, you will not be covered for:
- Wear and tear or deterioration on old property or contents.
- Deliberate damage to your property or contents by you or someone else with your permission.
- Dodgy workmanship or faulty designs and defects.
- Damage from the application of heat (for example, installing laminate).
- Actions of the sea or earth movements within the first 72 hours of the policy.
- Chemical damage from cleaning.
Your policy will have full details on exclusions, so be sure to read the fine print and raise any questions with your insurance broker.
Frequently asked questions about Suncorp landlord insurance
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.