How to buy The Graph (GRT) in Australia
Learn how to buy The Graph (GRT) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy The Graph
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying The Graph.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports GRT.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy The Graph.
- Buy The Graph.
Complete your The Graph purchase and then find the best wallet to store GRT.
What is The Graph?
The Graph is a decentralised indexing project built on the Ethereum blockchain. It was designed to send out data queries to and from a range of blockchain ecosystems.
The project is comparable to Google’s indexing service, but The Graph indexes data from networks such as Ethereum and Filecoin. The accrued data is consolidated into open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) – referred to as "subgraphs" – which can be used by decentralised applications. Any queries on subgraphs can be facilitated in real time.
GRT is the native token of the platform and was designed to help maximise the integrity of data stored within the ecosystem. According to The Graph’s documentation, all network participants – ranging from indexers to curators to delegators – need to stake GRT to perform day-to-day transactions and earn a variety of incentives.
The Graph (GRT) is the 53rd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $2,553,566,173. The current price of The Graph is $0.414732, which is 1.208% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.419212 and $0.396169 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of January 29, 2022 07:01 UTC.
Where to buy The Graph
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade GRT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy The Graph?
The technical analysis gauge for The Graph displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of The Graph based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of The Graph: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how GRT performs.
The Graph at a glance
|Total GRT supply||10,000,000,000|
|All time high||US$2.84|
The Graph price performance over time
How to sell The Graph
You can cash out your GRT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have GRT on.
If you store your The Graph in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of GRT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of The Graph.
What to consider when buying The GraphAny cryptocurrency purchase should be evaluated for potential upsides and potential risks. Before purchasing GRT, here a few points to consider:
- Real-world utility: It is extremely difficult for users to source queries across different cryptocurrency blockchains. However, using The Graph, it is possible to search through volumes of data spread out across a whole host of networks (such as Ethereum, InterPlanetary File System, etc). As per The Graph’s website, the protocol achieves this without directly interfacing with any third-party intermediary.
- Futuristic design: The platform makes it possible for users to search through a number of crypto ecosystems in a fast, reliable and secure manner. Once found, the platform then enables individuals to devise and deploy a range of APIs. APIs enable two separate apps to seamlessly interface with one another. The convenience and flexibility of The Graph could encourage widespread adoption.
- Development team: The Graph’s core team consists of established crypto personnel such as Yaniv Tal, who's associated with a number of established projects like WorkFlo and MuleSoft. Other team members include Brandon Ramirez, Jannis Pohlmann and other professionals that have worked for companies like RedHat and Barclays plc.
- Operational set-up: GRT tokens are used to facilitate all transactions being executed by the network’s participants. This includes indexers, curators and delegators. Indexers are community members that govern the platform’s nodes and stake GRT (thus earning rewards in the process). Curators, which index data, and delegators, which support the system, also have to stake tokens. The changing number of participants within the ecosystem will inherently affect the demand for GRT.
Coins similar to The Graph (GRT)
The Graph (GRT) in the news
XRP Sold by Ripple Surges 46% in Q4 ($717M) Compared to Previous Quarter
Facebook and Instagram Reportedly Working on Adding Support for NFTs
JPMorgan Lowers Its Bitcoin Fair Price Estimate to $38K Amidst Volatility
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including The Graph, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of GRT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the The Graph or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price shrugs off SEC and IRS criticism with 24-hour rally
With the IRS and SEC addressing Ethereum in a negative light recently, it appears as though the altcoin may potentially be faced with increased turbulence in the near term.
7 hidden costs of owning a car and how to avoid them [SPONSORED] Thinking of buying a car or eager to make yours more affordable? Try focusing on the secondary costs of car ownership.
Can Bitcoin beat the Fed? BTC price increases despite bearish news
With the Fed looking to initiate its long withstanding tapering plans within the next month or so, volatility across markets (including stocks and crypto) is expected to increase.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in February 2022
Don’t miss out on this gargantuan list of incredible titles.
Beauty Product Of The Week: Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Foundation
We got our hands on the new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin foundation and here are our thoughts on the $60 product.
Jabra PanaCast 20 webcam review: Hey Jabra my eyes are up here
The Jabra PanaCast 20 is a cracker of a webcam that will quite literally follow you wherever you go. But it has a price tag that’s hard to get past.
8 steps to creating a more financially fulfilling life in 2022
It's important to be positive about the year ahead and start thinking about how to make 2022 your most fulfilling yet.
Qantas sale: Score international flights from $449
Book flexible flights now to Fiji, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, USA, UK and more.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Alpha HPA (A4N ↑11.1%), Recce Pharmaceuticals (RCE ↑6.2%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 28 January 2022.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert