How to buy Kava (KAVA) in Australia
Learn how to buy Kava (KAVA) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Kava
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Kava is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, bpay, cash and cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy Kava
You can now exchange your funds for Kava. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Kava to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Kava in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade KAVA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Kava
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Kava.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support KAVA.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Kava.
- Buy Kava.
Complete your Kava purchase and then find the best wallet to store KAVA.
What to consider when buying Kava
When purchasing any cryptocurrency make sure to understand the unique risks associated with the token, as well as the volatile nature of the marketplace. In particular, buyers of KAVA may want to consider the following:
- Use-case: KAVA tokens have three main use-cases. Token holders can participate in governance by voting on and putting forward development proposals. KAVA can be used as a ‘lender of last resort’, meaning they will be liquidated to guarantee USDX redemption. Additionally, KAVA tokens can be locked up and staked to secure the network, in exchange for rewards.
- Cosmos blockchain: Kava’s staking platform is unique in that it is built on Cosmos (ATOM). Most similar projects utilise the Ethereum blockchain. Therefore, it’s a good idea to explore the Cosmos ecosystem, understand how it works and compare the platform to Ethereum and other smart contract blockchains.
- Off-chain capabilities: In January 2022, Kava completed a network upgrade, moving to a newer version of the Cosmos protocol. This further enhanced Kava’s ability to interact with Inter-Blockchain (IBC) protocol chains and their supported assets. Additionally, this allows Kava users to easily move their assets like KAVA tokens on other networks, as well as unlocking new earning and staking methods on the platform.
How to sell Kava
You can cash out your KAVA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have KAVA on.
If you store your Kava in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of KAVA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Kava.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Kava, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of KAVA is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Kava or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert