How to buy ApeCoin (APE) in Australia
Learn how to buy ApeCoin (APE) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy ApeCoin
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy ApeCoin is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, bpay, cash and cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy ApeCoin
You can now exchange your funds for ApeCoin. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your ApeCoin to your personal wallet.
Where to buy ApeCoin in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade APE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy ApeCoin
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying ApeCoin.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support APE.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy ApeCoin.
- Buy ApeCoin.
Complete your ApeCoin purchase and then find the best wallet to store APE.
What to consider when buying ApeCoin
Because ApeCoin is directly tied to the Bored Ape Yacht Club and Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT ecosystems, price swings in these NFTs could lead to similar price swings in ApeCoin. Yuga Labs endorsed ApeCoin but did not create it, instead it is controlled and created by the ApeCoin DAO. Before buying ApeCoin, take into account that:
- Airdrop release: To release the token, ApeCoin was airdropped as a reward to holders of all Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs. Those with NFTs held within their wallet were able to access a proportionate share of APE tokens for free. Within 24 hours, over 100 million APE had been claimed by NFT owners. The success of the airdrop mirrors the popularity of the Bored Ape NFT collection, which sold out within 10 hours in 2021.
- Wide range of utility: The ApeCoin will initially be used for governance within the ApeDAO. However, the token will also be used as a basic payment system for Web3 projects built within the BAYC ecosystem and can be used by token holders to access unique Bored Ape ecosystem products without needing to buy an NFT from a secondary marketplace. The coin, therefore, may lower the barrier to entry for investors that have been interested in the BAYC NFT project. In addition to lowering the barrier to entry, APE will form the economic backbone of multiple play-to-earn games, including Animoca’s Benji Bananas. Impressively, its utility has already translated across to the real world with a Florida-based brewery, SaltWater, confirming that the company will accept and offer discounts for those using the ApeCoin cryptocurrency to buy food and drinks.
- Tokenomics. There is a maximum supply of 1 billion APE tokens. Of this, 15% has been allocated to Bored Ape NFT holders. The vast majority (47%) will be used to fund the DAO’s treasury and operations, while the remaining tokens are split between Yuga Labs (13%), launch contributors (14%) and the Jane Goodall Legacy Foundation to protect wild apes (1%).
Recent ApeCoin developments
March 17, 2022: ApeCoin launches on major exchanges, first seeing a major dip in price but then a slow recovery. ApeCoin's connection to the ApeCoin DAO will help guide its future depending on how the community votes." with "May 6, 2022
How to sell ApeCoin
You can cash out your APE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have APE on.
If you store your ApeCoin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of APE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of ApeCoin.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including ApeCoin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of APE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the ApeCoin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert