First Option Bank Unsecured Overdraft
Get an overdraft facility for as little as $500. Only First Option bank members can apply for an overdraft.
First Option Bank provides an unsecured overdraft facility that comes linked to the Access Saver account. You can access the funds either through a Visa debit card or a Redicard, as well as phone and online banking services, among others. There are no application fees or account-keeping fees to open and maintain this overdraft facility, but you have to be a First Option bank member to apply for this facility. Although there are no fees associated with this overdraft, you will have to pay interest.
From 13.99% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
A few things to consider
If you're looking for an overdraft facility to get through times when of cash flow difficulties, taking a look at First Option's unsecured overdraft makes sense. As with any overdraft, you are free to use funds up to the approved limit for just about any purpose.
The overdraft comes linked to a First Option Access account and a Visa debit card or Redicard, so you get easy access to funds as and when you need them through ATMs, EFTPOS terminals, online banking, and phone banking. You also have a number of options when it comes to making deposits.
Benefits and features:
Various aspects of the First Option Bank Unsecured Overdraft facility require your attention, and here's what you should know:
- Linked to an access account. This overdraft facility comes with the First Option Access Saver account and comes into effect when there's no balance in the access account. Funds deposited in the account then work to reduce the overdraft balance.
- Accessing funds. When you apply, you can choose between getting a Visa debit card and a Redicard, and you get access to the overdraft facility and your account through both. You can also access funds up to your overdraft limit through phone and online banking, cheques, BPAY, First Option branches, Australia Post outlets using Bank@Post, and direct debits.
- Accessing account information. You can, at any time, go through your account's transaction details using internet and phone banking, and you also get regular statements with details.
- Making deposits. You can make deposits using First Option's phone and internet banking platforms. Other options include payroll deduction, direct credit, mail, Bank@Post, and First Option branches.
- Low minimum limit. You can apply for an overdraft facility of as little as $500 so you don't have to worry about not having access to funds.
- Low fees. This overdraft facility does not attract any application fee, and you don't have to pay any ongoing monthly or annual fees.
The costs you'll need to pay
First Option Bank gives you a clear indication of all associated fees and charges at the onset and you should go through these carefully before you take on the loan. While a number of transactions like direct debits, direct credits, BPAY payments and branch transactions are free, you will have to pay for certain others, such as when you use cheques and non-member ATMs.
What helps is that this overdraft facility tries to keep fees to a minimum, and its regular fee structure looks like this:
- Application or establishment fee: $0
- Monthly or annual fee: $0
- PhoneLink - phone banking: Free
- Internet and mobile banking: Free
How to apply for the First Option Bank Unsecured Overdraft
You can apply for the First Option Bank Unsecured Overdraft by visiting your nearest First Option branch, over the phone, or online. As part of the application process, you'll have to provide a host of information, which includes the following:
- Personal details like your name and date of birth
- Your home address and contact information
- Proof of your income
- A current statement of all existing debts
- Evidence of rent you pay or a rates notice if you own property
This overdraft facility by First Option gives you the means to get by cash flow fluctuations with relative ease, but since there are other similar offerings out there, take some time to compare a few.
Compare other personal loans
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.