CommBank Variable Rate Personal Loan
- Interest Rate (p.a.)
- 8% to 20%
- Comp. Rate (p.a.)
- 9.40% to 21.30%
- Min Loan Amount
This personal loan from CommBank comes with a variable rate and lets you apply for between $4,000 and $50,000. You can have up to 7 years to repay what you borrow. Find out all the costs and features in this review.
Same-day funding available
Additional repayments without penalty
Access payments via a redraw facility
Application fee of $250
Monthly fee of $15
|Product Name||CommBank Variable Rate Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||8% to 20%|
|Comp. Rate (p.a.)||9.40% to 21.30%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$4,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
How does the CommBank Variable Rate Personal Loan work?This loan comes with a variable rate between 8% p.a. and 20% p.a. (comparison rate from 9.40% p.a. to 21.30% p.a.) based on your risk profile and loan terms of between 1 to 7 years. The representative rate of interest is with a comparison rate of The loan comes with an application fee of $250 and a monthly fee of $15. However, as the loan is unsecured you can use it for any purpose.
Note: At least half of the customers receive the representative rate or lower. However, it may not be the actual rate you receive. The representative rate is the standard variable rate or the reference rate. Your interest rate may be different and is based on a number of factors like the information you provide and the assessment of your application. Your interest rate will be confirmed in your loan offer document.
How to apply
If this is the right loan for you, you can submit your loan application online. You need to meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You don't require a guarantor
You will need the following documents on hand to complete your application:
- Proof of ID. You should have a valid Australian driver's licence, passport or Australian birth certificate. If you are an immigrant with permanent residency, certain immigration documents may be required.
- Employment details. You will be asked to provide your employer's contact information and you may also be asked for details from recent paycheques.
- Financial details. Details of your current income, assets and expenses will be required.
The Variable Rate Personal Loan from CommBank offers a number of competitive features. Compare personal loans from CommonBank with other providers to find what suits you and your financial situation.
Features of this loan
- Variable interest rate. The loan comes with a variable interest rate of 8% p.a. and a comparison rate of 9.40% p.a.
- Cashback offer. Eligible CommBank Yello customers can get $250 back on funded unsecured loans of $20,000 or more when they apply by 29 February 2024.
- How much you can apply for. You can choose to borrow an amount anywhere between $4,000 and $50,000.
- How long you have to repay. Terms of between 1 to 7 years are available. You will also need to select the frequency of your repayment terms: weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Same-day funding. You may be eligible to receive same-day funding if your application is submitted before noon on a regular business day. You will be notified of the approval of your request and you could qualify to get your funds that day.
- Fast approval. Typically, the approval process on the Variable Rate personal loan takes 60 seconds. This may vary depending on your situation.
- Additional repayments. You can make as many additional repayments as you like without being charged a fee.
- Redraw capabilities. You can redraw any additional repayments you make.
- Costs that apply. An establishment fee of $250 and a monthly fee of $15. Late payment or settlement check fees may also apply.