Cointree cryptocurrency exchange review
See how Cointree aims to make cryptocurrency purchases easy.
- Great for buying an exceptional range of cryptocurrencies
- Not so great for advanced trading
Check out our full list of pros and cons or read on.
|Product Name||Cointree Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, ADA, XLM, BSV, EOS, BNB & 120+ more|
Bank transfer (ACH)
Fiat/Money: No fee
Cryptocurrency: No fee
Fiat/Money: No fee
Cryptocurrency: fees vary
- Competitive buy/sell fees
- Wide selection
- Crypto bill payment feature
- Minimal features
- Slow verification and transfers
What's in this guide?
- Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Which payment methods are accepted?
- What's it like to use Cointree?
- Fees and limits
- How fast will my funds be available?
- Is Cointree safe to use?
- How do I create a Cointree account?
- What else do I need to know about Cointree?
- In a nutshell
- Compare Cointree against other exchanges
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: AUD
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 132 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Bank transfer (ACH)
What's it like to use Cointree?
Fees and limits
Platform trading fees
|Tiers||Buy/sell fee||Crypto to crypto trading fee||Tier requirement (trade volume per 30 days)|
Deposit and withdrawal fees
|Electronic funds transfer||None||$20 minimum, $10,000 per 24 hours maximum|
|POLi payment||$3.50||$25 minimum, $10,000 per 24 hours maximum|
|PayID||$2.75||$25 minimum, $2,000 per 24 hours maximum|
|Cash payment||$3.00||$50 minimum, $8,000 per transaction maximum|
|Australian bank account||None|
How fast will my funds be available?
Cash and PayID deposits will be available almost immediately, while POLi payments and electronic bank transfers will typically take one to two days. There may be delays for your first payment.
It will typically take three to five days to receive the funds to your linked bank account.
Is Cointree safe to use?
- Regulation. Cointree is registered with AUSTRAC as a digital currency exchange.
- Verification process. Verification is required before you can buy or sell on Cointree. The process involves sending identification to Cointree, which gets it verified through a third party.
- Safety features. Cointree offers two-factor authentication to help you protect your account and says all user passwords and wallet private keys are encrypted and "salted" to better protect weaker passwords from brute force attacks.
How do I create a Cointree account?
What else do I need to know about Cointree?
Cointree was founded in 2013 with the goal of making cryptocurrencies easier and more accessible.
It's one of several cryptocurrency exchanges based in Melbourne.
In a nutshell
- Competitive buy/sell fees. The fees for quick buys and sells are slightly lower than other equivalent services.
- Wide selection. Cointree offers a wide range of cryptocurrencies and direct swaps between all of them.
- Portfolios. You can easily rowse and buy combinations of coins that have recently performed well.
- Crypto bill payment feature. You can pay Australian bills with cryptocurrency, using any of Cointree's 100+ supported coins.
- Minimal features. Cointree does not offer advanced features.
- Slow verification and transfers. Cointree may take several days to verify users and process deposits.