Youi Caravan Insurance
Youi personalises insurance to give you a tailored policy for your caravan or trailer.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A caravan or trailer is more than a house on wheels – it’s a home, as unique as the people who live in it. While most insurers will give you a policy, Youi works out which is the best for you. By going into the details of how you use your home away from home, Youi bases your cover on both your record and use of caravan or trailer.
What does this mean in terms of protection for your mobile home? Read on to find out if Youi caravan insurance is the right fit for you.
Compare caravan insurance from Youi
What cover options does it offer?
Youi offers a range of insurance policies, but even its most basic cover will give you protection should you damage someone else’s property, and all policies include maritime liability, covering transport between Australian ports, as well as a traveller bonus if you are travelling to each state and territory. Here is what you can choose from:
- Third party property (TPP) is Youi’s simplest cover option. It will insure you against damaging someone else’s property or if your caravan or trailer is damaged by an uninsured driver.
- Third party fire and theft is TPP with the added protection against theft or fire, as well as covering the contents inside the caravan or trailer. Providing legal liability of $20 million, this policy gives you a mix between cover and value.
- Comprehensive covers all your bases. Be it accidental damage, natural damage from storms or floods, fire, theft or however else your camper might get damaged or cause damage to someone else’s property, comprehensive is the policy you want if you’re tired of worrying whether you’re covered or not.
How does each cover type compare?
|Benefits||Comprehensive||Third party, fire and theft||Third party property only|
|Storm or flood|
|Fire or theft|
|Emergency accommodation, transport and repairs|
|Locks and keys|
|Contents inside the caravan or trailer|
|Caravan park fees|
|Solar panels and TV antenna|
|Animal death or injury|
|Caravan contents upgrade|
|Burnout of electric motor|
What additional cover options are there?
On top of its extensive list of inclusions, Youi offers a few additional options for extra cover, including:
- Annex cover (extra cover if you keep your caravan parked in an annex)
- Caravan contents upgrade (insuring the total replacement value of your caravan’s contents)
- Burnout of your electric motor (replacing or repairing broken down or failed electric motors)
- Cover for business items (equipment, instruments and tools used in your trade or profession)
What exclusions are there?
As with all policies, there are exclusions you should be aware of, so be sure to read the fine print. General exclusions are:
- Cover for illegal property and counterfeit goods, or illegal or reckless use at the time of the accident
- Use for business or trade (unless covered by optional extras)
- Legal repossessions, fines or penalties
- Poor materials or workmanship (including asbestos)
- Wear and tear (including rust, rot or mould)
- Any event outside of Australia
- War or civil commotion (rioting and looting)
- Any damage or repairs prior to your policy
- Replacement of glass that had damage prior to your policy
- Loss of value or financial loss
- Improvements beyond the caravan or trailer’s original condition before the accident
- Unsecured contents in the caravan or trailer
- Any unregistered caravan or trailer
- Damage to roads due to normal use
- Damage from animals or vermin
What excess do I need to pay?
Whenever you make a claim, you’ll need to pay a basic excess. You may be given the option of choosing your payable excess, but this will then affect the cost of your premiums. Certain situations will require you to pay an additional excess; these will be outlined in your policy. If your caravan or trailer was being driven or towed by someone not on your policy, you will have to pay an additional excess.
How do I make a claim?
Youi simplifies the claim process with a single point of contact. If you need to make a claim you simply call up, and the person to answer you is the person who’ll see your claim through to satisfaction. It’s important to remember that each claim can only relate to one incident and that you must take all reasonable steps to minimise and prevent any loss or damage.
- You can make your claim online at youi.com.au/claiming
- To speak to Youi about starting a policy, call 13 9684
- For Roadside Assistance and Emergencies, call 131 117
Get the latest car insurance news
More guides on Finder
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Fast and furious: 73% of Aussies have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Engines aren’t the only thing overheating on the roads this summer – our tempers are too, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Best caravan parks in Robe, South Australia
Ensure a good night’s sleep after a day exploring the Limestone Coast.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Campervan hire in Melbourne | Where to book, what to know
Hit the road and experience the beauty of Victoria with a campervan from these companies.