Brighte Green Loan
Give your home a sustainable makeover and enjoy a competitive rate of 7.99% p.a.
Brighte is a finance provider and interest-free platform that aims to help Aussies make their homes more environmentally friendly at an affordable cost. Its competitive loans can be used for home improvements, such as solar panels, roofing updates, plumbing, electrical or other energy-efficient switchovers.
How does Brighte's Green Loan work?
Brighte's Green Loan allows borrowers to access greater amounts of finance over longer terms than their interest-free payment plans. First, you sign up through the Brighte website. Then, ask your accredited lender if it offers the Brighte Green Loan. Vendors that offer the loan will refer you to Brighte, which will email you your application form directly. If approved for the loan, Brighte will finance the renovations. As a borrower, you don't have to start making repayments until the work on your home is completed.
If you're looking to do a greater overhaul on your home's energy efficiency, a Brighte Green Loan might work for you.
Features of a Brighte Green Loan
Brighte offers a range of features on their loan, including the following:
- Introductory fixed rate. This loan includes an introductory fixed rate of 7.99% p.a.
- No upfront or ongoing fees. There are no establishment, account-keeping or monthly fees.
- Access to a variety of vendors. Once you've been confirmed as a Brighte customer, you have access to a variety of vendors. However, only a select number of vendors will offer the Green Loan, so make sure to check with the vendor directly.
- Secure credit details. Brighte works with Visa and Mastercard and has invested in the latest credit card technologies in order to keep its customers' personal details safe.
- Fast approval process. The online application and approval process is very quick and automated to ensure you get a response as quickly as possible.
- Longer loan terms. Repayment terms on the Brighte Green Loan vary from two to seven years.
- Loan amount. Brighte loans range from $1,000-$75,000. The maximum funding amount may vary depending on the vendor. Lending criteria apply.
- Repay early. While you cannot currently make additional repayments online, you can do so via the BrightePay app or by phone.
Fees and charges
The following fees and charges are associated with this loan:
- Interest rate. This loan includes a competitive interest rate of 7.99% p.a.
- Late payment fee. If you make a payment later than the due date, you will be charged $4.99.
How to sign up with Brighte
To sign up with Brighte, you can simply visit the company's website directly. From there, you can select a vendor and inquire if the vendor of your choice provides the Green Loan. If it does, it will refer you to Brighte, which will email you an application form. In order to apply, you will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a homeowner (own outright or be currently purchasing a home)
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have valid ID (driver's licence preferred)
- Be an Australian permanent resident
- Have a bank account in your name
- Be employed or self-employed and working more than 30 hours per week OR
- Be a self-funded retiree or pensioner receiving the aged pension or returned servicemen pension
- Have a good credit history
For more information, contact Brighte directly either by phone, email or via their website. Prospective applicants for environmentally friendly loans can also find a range of similar products to compare, or they can find out more about Brighte's interest-free finance option.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate between p.a. and 16.40 p.a. based on your risk profile
A flexible loan with amounts from $2,001 and terms starting from 6 months. Interest and comparison rates calculated for a loan term of 3 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 28.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 8.95% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
Apply for loans from $5,000 and get a dedicated loan manager. No security required. Note: Applicants approved before 31 December 2019 will receive a special offer $200 Coles Gift Card.
Ask an Expert