bcu Secured Freedom Loan
Borrow from $4,000 up to $75,000. Your security has to be more than $5,000 to qualify. Rates are variable and fees apply.
The Freedom personal loan from Bananacoast Credit Union, or bcu, offers loan amounts between $4,000 and $75,000, with terms from 1 to 5 years. This loan is secured. Your asset has to be over $5,000 or more to qualify. Interest rates are variable, which means that your repayments will fluctuate on a monthly basis depending on the market rate. Interest rates start from 7.58% p.a. They also charge an application fee of $250, a monthly fee of $8 and a $25 fee for every redraw.
From 7.58% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||bcu Secured Freedom Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 7.58% (variable)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||8.49%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$4,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$75,000|
Main points to consider about the bcu Freedom personal loan
This loan is secured so you need to attach security with a value of $5,000 or more in order to qualify. You'll receive a variable rate of and you can apply for amounts between $4,000 and $75,000. This loan comes with no fee for early repayment and a redraw facility is available.
Features of the Freedom Personal Loan
The Freedom personal loan offered by bcu has many features, such as:
- Variable interest rate. From a 7.58% p.a. variable rate for this personal loan and a 8.49% p.a. comparison rate, bcu ensures that anyone who is approved for this loan will get a competitive rate.
- Fast approval process. You can be approved for this loan in as little as 30 minutes.
- Flexible repayments offered. Make additional repayments when you can and pay off the loan early without penalty.
- Transparent fee system. You are able to see all of the fees that you will be charged over the term of the loan. For example, your application fee for your secured loan is $250, there is a monthly fee of $8 and the redraw fee is $25 each time you want to redraw money out of your loan.
- Loan terms. The minimum loan term for this loan is 1 year and the maximum loan term is 5 years. This means you can select the loan term that suits your repayment needs.
- Loan amounts. You can apply for between $4,000 and $75,000, making it suitable for a variety of purposes.
- Redraw available. You have access to extra repayments you have made with the redraw facility available within this loan.
How to apply for the bcu Freedom personal loan
Click on "Go To Site" and ensure you meet the following requirements before you apply for this loan. They are as follows:
- 18 years or older
- A permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Not have any debts, judgements or undeclared bankruptcy charges against you
Also be prepared to provide:
- Your financial details, such as other income, whether or not you have a mortgage, whether you receive a salary etc.
- Your monthly expenses
The Freedom personal loan offered by bcu is one of many personal loans available to consumers on the market. It's important to do your research before deciding which loan is best for you and your needs.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.