Review: WireBarley international money transfers
Enjoy 24/7 online transfers with bank-beating fees and exchange rates.
- Good for sending money to bank accounts, cash pick-up locations and straight to your recipient's home. Also offers multilingual support.
- Only has a limited number of transfer destinations.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Wire Barley International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||AUD 1|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Options||One off payments|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||BDT, CNY, EUR, GBP, HKD, IDR, INR, JPY, KRW, MYR, NPR, NZD, PHP, SGD, THB, USD, VND|
What's in this guide?
- WireBarley exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with WireBarley?
- How long does a transfer with WireBarley take?
- What payment methods does WireBarley accept?
- Is WireBarley safe to use?
- How to register an account
- How do I make an international money transfer with WireBarley?
- What is WireBarley?
- In a nutshell
- How does WireBarley compare to other providers?
- Frequently asked questions
WireBarley exchange rates and fees
WireBarley's exchange rates are updated regularly in line with fluctuations to the mid-market rate. The company adds a margin on top of the mid-market rate for each transaction, but the size of this margin is typically much smaller than what you could expect from a bank.
Fees also apply to all transactions. The size of the fee varies depending on where you are sending money, how much you transfer and how your recipient will access the funds.
WireBarley allows you to send money overseas using more than a dozen currencies, including the following:
- CNY Chinese yuan
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- INR Indian rupee
- KRW South Korean won
- MYR Malaysian ringgit
- PHP Philippine peso
- USD US dollar
What types of transfers can you make with WireBarley?
WireBarley offers three types of money transfers:
- Bank account transfers
- Cash pick-up transfers
- Home delivery transfers
You can send money online through the WireBarley website or by using a mobile app, but please note that not all transfer methods are available for all destinations.
How long does a transfer with WireBarley take?
Transfer times vary depending on where you are sending your funds, but most transactions are processed within one to two business days.
What payment methods does WireBarley accept?
WireBarley only accepts POLi transfers, which means you can't pay with your credit or debit card.
Transfers typically take
Is WireBarley safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Regulated in Australia by ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Established: 2012
- Number of customers: 70,000+*
- Support: Multilingual customer support in 12 different languages
*According to WireBarley on 8 July 2019.
WireBarley Corporation is licensed by South Korea's Ministry of Strategy and Finance to provide cross-border remittance services. Its Australian subsidiary, WireBarley Australia Pty Ltd, is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and listed on the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) Remittance Sector Register.
To help offer the safest possible transactions, WireBarley claims to offer security measures in line with those offered by global banks. These include password encryption, treating all transaction information with SEED encryption and using SSL technology on its server.
How does WireBarley make money?
WireBarley makes money in two ways:
- By charging transaction fees
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate – the mid-market rate is the "true" exchange rate you see listed on Google and is the rate at which banks and transfer companies buy and sell currency from one another
How to register an account
You can register for an account with WireBarley by completing the following steps.
How do I make an international money transfer with WireBarley?
You can send money overseas with WireBarley by completing the following steps:
- Log in to your account and start a new transaction.
- Specify where you want to transfer money, enter the amount you want to send and select a delivery option.
- Provide your recipient's name and details. If sending to a bank account, you'll need to provide your recipient's bank account information.
- Review the details of your transaction, including the exchange rate and fee.
- Submit payment for your transaction via POLi.
- You'll receive an email notification when your transaction has been completed.
What is WireBarley?
WireBarley is a South Korean fintech company that specialises in online and mobile cross-border remittances throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Headquartered in Seoul, it has been offering transfer services to Australian customers since 2012. In addition to South Korea and Australia, WireBarley also has operations in New Zealand and the United States.
In a nutshell
- Multiple transfer options. WireBarley offers online and mobile transactions, and it allows you to send bank account, cash pick-up and home delivery transfers.
- Competitive exchange rates and fees. The exchange rates and fees offered by WireBarley are typically much better than those you would receive from your bank.
- Quick and easy to use. Whether you're sending funds via the WireBarley website or mobile app, the registration and transfer process is simple and straightforward.
- Multilingual customer support. If you need help with your transaction, WireBarley offers customer support in Korean, English and 10 other languages.
- Only supports a limited number of transfer destinations. WireBarley only supports transfers to 14 countries from Australia, so your desired transfer destination may not be supported.
- Limited payment methods. POLi is the only supported payment method. So if you want to pay using a credit card or cash, you'll need to consider other transfer providers.
- Not suitable for large transactions.While transaction limits vary depending on where you're sending money, WireBarley is typically not suitable for sending amounts over $3,500.
How does WireBarley compare to other providers?
Want to find out how WireBarley stacks up against the competition? Enter your transaction details into the calculator below to compare the exchange rates and fees of a range of money transfer services.
Frequently asked questions
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.