Transport Mutual Credit Union Unsecured Personal Loan
An unsecured personal loan with zero monthly or annual account keeping fees. Interest charges and fees apply.
The Transport Mutual Credit Union (TMCU) personal loan is unsecured and does not require an asset as security for the loan. The interest rate is variable, and you can borrow from $1,000 up to $30,000. Your interest rate may fluctuate based on the market rate. Although this loan does not charge account keeping fees, you will have to pay an establishment fee and interest charges.
From 8.99% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||Transport Mutual CU Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 8.99% (variable)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||9.24%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$30,000|
How does the TMCU unsecured personal loan work?
The TMCU personal loan is unsecured and does not require an asset as security. As a result, the borrowing amounts are smaller and interest rates higher. The loan comes with a variable interest rate, which means your interest payments fluctuate monthly based on the market rate.
You can use the loan funds to purchase a motor vehicle, new furniture or a holiday, as well as for home renovations, investing in shares or debt consolidation.
What features does the TMCU unsecured personal loan offer?
- Unsecured loan. No asset is required as collateral for the loan. Given that this is riskier for the lender, the loan has higher interest rates and smaller borrowing amounts.
- Variable rate. With a variable rate loan, your interest payments may vary monthly based on the market rate. This makes it harder to predict and budget for your repayments.
- Flexible loan term. Your loan term can be between 1 and 7 years.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly fixed repayments.
- Borrow from $1,000 upwards. You can borrow up to $30,000.
- Extra repayments. You can make additional repayments without penalty and pay off your loan sooner.
- Redraw facility. You can access your extra repayments through the redraw facility for free online.
- No early repayment penalty. You can repay the loan early without incurring a penalty.
- No ongoing fees. The loan has no monthly or annual account keeping fees.
How much does the TMCU unsecured personal loan cost?
The costs associated with this loan include:
- Loan principal.
- Variable interest rate of 8.99% p.a.
- $195 establishment fee.
No ongoing annual or monthly account keeping fees are charged. The comparison rate includes interest and fees.
What are the pros and cons of the TMCU unsecured personal loan?
- No monthly fees. The loan has no monthly or annual account keeping fees. This helps keep down the cost of the loan.
- Extra repayments and redraw. You can make extra repayments and pay off your loan early without facing a penalty, and redraw your extra repayments.
- Difficult to budget. With a variable interest loan, it is difficult to budget for your repayments as they may fluctuate on a monthly basis. It may be higher or lower for some months than others.
Am I eligible for this loan?
Australian citizens or permanent residents who are over 18 years old are eligible for this loan.
How do I apply for this loan?
You can apply for the loan online through TMCU’s website. You will need to provide 3 recent payslips or a letter from your employer with salary details and start date. You will also provide proof and source of other income, recent statements on other loans you hold, 3 months worth of bank statements among others. Keep all your documents handy to speed up the process.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.