Summerland Credit Union Personal Loan
A variable rate personal loan with pre-approvals. Interest charges and fees apply.
Summerland Credit Union offers a general purpose personal loan for its members. This loan can be either secured or unsecured, and can also be secured with cash. The loan has a variable interest rate and offers fast approvals. You can also get pre-approved for the loan.
From 9.24% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||Summerland CU General Purpose Personal Loan ($3,000 & above)|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 9.24% (variable)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||11.49%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
How does the General Purpose Personal Loan work?
This loan comes with both secured and unsecured options. For a secured loan, you can secure the loan with a motor vehicle, motorbike, caravan, motorhome or cash. The unsecured loan does not require loan security.
What features does the General Purpose Personal Loan offer?
- Secured and unsecured options. You can choose between either the secured or unsecured option.
- Secure loan with cash. You don’t have to secure the loan with an asset; you can offer cash instead.
- Variable rate. With a variable rate, your interest repayments may fluctuate based on the market rate. This means that if the rate goes down, your repayments reduce. If the rate increases, so do your repayments.
- Pre-approval and fast approval. You can get pre-approval for the loan. The loan also offers fast approval.
- Borrow from $3,000 upwards. The minimum loan amount is $3,000.
- No early repayment fee. You can repay your loan early without incurring a penalty.
- Additional repayments. You can make additional repayments.
How much does the General Purpose Personal Loan cost?
There are a number of costs associated with the General Purpose Personal Loan. These include:
- Loan principal
- Variable interest rate of 9.24% p.a.
- Establishment fee of $175
- Loan administration fee of $5 per month
You may also be charged the following:
- Loan redraw fee of $25
- Arrears reminder call fee $5
- Second and subsequent reminder letter fee $20
- Default notice fee $40
What are the pros and cons of the General Purpose Personal Loan?
- Both secured and unsecured options available. You can choose between either a secured or an unsecured personal loan.
- Secure with cash option available. You can secure the loan with cash if you wish.
- Need to be a member to apply. You can only apply for this loan if you’re a member.
Am I eligible for the General Purpose Personal Loan ?
To be eligible for this loan, you need to be:
- At least 18 years old
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident with the right to work
- In current paid employment
- A member of SCU
SCU will make inquiries about your financial situation to help it make a decision on your loan approval.
How do I apply for the General Purpose Personal Loan?
You can apply for this loan online on the SCU website. Keep all the required documents on hand to speed up the process.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.