Summerland Credit Union Equity Plus Personal Loan
Get a reduced rate on your personal loan by using the equity in your home. Membership required.
With Summerland Credit Union’s Equity Plus Personal Loan, you can get a reduced interest rate. If you’re a Summerland Home Loan customer, you can use the value in your home to get a discounted rate without increasing your mortgage. This is a variable rate loan and starts from 5.84% p.a. The loan can be used for renovations or wealth building opportunities.
From 5.84% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
How does the Equity Plus Personal Loan work?
This personal loan allows you to use the value in your home to receive a reduced interest rate. The loan is available for Summerland home loan customers, who may be able to apply for an unsecured loan. You can use the loan funds for home renovations or other wealth building opportunities.
What features does the Equity Plus Personal Loan offer?
- Use equity for a reduced rate. You can use the value in your home to receive a reduced interest rate.
- Variable rate. With a variable rate, your interest repayments may fluctuate based on the market rate. This means that if the rate goes down, your repayments reduce. If the rate increases, so do your repayments.
- Pre-approval and fast approval. You can get pre-approval for the loan. The loan also offers fast approval, often within 24 hours.
- Borrow from $3,000 upwards. The minimum loan amount is $3,000.
- No early repayment fee. You can repay your loan early without incurring a penalty.
- Additional repayments. You can make additional repayments.
- Flexible repayments. You can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
How much does the Equity Plus Personal Loan cost?
There are a number of costs associated with the Equity Plus Personal Loan. These include:
- Loan principal
- Variable interest rate of 5.84% p.a.
- An establishment fee of $175
- A loan administration fee of $5 per month
You may also be charged the following:
- Loan redraw fee of $25
- Arrears reminder call fee $5
- Second and subsequent reminder letter fee $20
- Default notice fee $40
What are the pros and cons of the Equity Plus Personal Loan?
- Reduced rate. By using the value in your home, you can get a lower interest rate and use the funds to build more wealth.
- Fast loan approval. You can get approved for the loan in 24 hours. Pre-approval is also available.
- No penalty for repaying the loan early. You can pay off your loan faster by making additional or lump-sum repayments.
- Need to be a member to apply. You can only apply for this loan if you’re a member.
- Need to have taken out a Summerland home loan. This option is available if you’ve taken out your home loan with Summerland Credit Union.
Am I eligible for the Equity Plus Personal Loan?
To be eligible for this loan, you need to be:
- At least 18 years old
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident with the right to work
- In current paid employment
- A member of Summerland Credit Union
Summerland Credit Union will make inquiries about your financial situation to help it make a decision on loan approval.
How do I apply for the Equity Plus Personal Loan?
You can apply for this loan online on the Summerland Credit Union website. Have all the required documents at hand to speed up the process.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and 19.09% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.49% p.a. and 15.99% p.a. ( 7.41% p.a. to 16.84% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 22.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.