Choose flexibility options and loan features with a St.George Secured Variable Rate Personal Loan.
For a loan that is as flexible as you are, the St.George secured variable rate personal loan may be a competitive option to consider. It features a low initial loan amount and various repayment options. A competitive interest rate and optional extras like loan protection insurance make this loan suitable for budget-savvy borrowers.
Things to consider about the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate
|Product Name||St.George Secured Personal Loan - Variable Rate|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 12.74% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||13.62%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||7 years|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$80,000|
|Monthly Service Fee||$9|
- Low fixed interest rate
- Maximum amount borrowed is higher than others
- Redraw facility available
- Unavoidable application fee of $195
- $9 monthly service fee
- $100 early termination fees apply
This Secured Personal Loan from St.George is a variable rate loan, meaning your repayments may fluctuate when interest rates change. The benefit of this is the extra choice available to redraw and make extra payments. As this is a secured loan, St.George requires a car that will be less than twelve years old at the end of the loan term to be offered as collateral. You must remain on top of your repayments or you risk losing your car.
St.George offers a variety of other personal loans that are also worth consideration. There is a Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan as well as an Unsecured Variable or Fixed Rate Loan to suit different borrowing needs.
Features of the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate
- Interest rate. The variable interest rate is 12.74% p.a. with a comparison rate of 13.62% p.a.
- Loan terms. Choose a loan term between 1 year(s) and 7 year(s).
- Loan amount. The amount that can be borrowed starts at $3,000 and goes up to $80,000, though the maximum amount you will be allowed to borrow will depend on your financial circumstances.
- Redraw facility. Upon request, you can access any extra repayments you have made on your loan (minimum $500).
- Repayment options. Depending on when you get paid, you can choose to repay your loan weekly, fortnightly or monthly. In addition, you can make extra repayments to pay off your loan faster.
What fees and charges apply?
An establishment fee of $195 is charged for this loan plus an ongoing administration fee of $9 per month. There is also a $10 fee for using the redraw facility. If you repay your loan before the end of the term there is a discharge processing fee of $100 within the first 12 months, or $150 for the rest of the term.
If you repay your loan before the end of the term there is a discharge processing fee of $100 within the first 12 months, or $150 for the rest of the term.
How to apply for the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate
If the Variable Rate Secured Personal Loan from St.George looks suitable to you, you can click "Go to Site" to start your application.
To be eligible for this loan, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Have at least $3,000 in savings
Documents you’ll need for each applicant include:
- Current employer’s name, address and contact number
- Details of your income, assets, expenses and liabilities
- Details of any liabilities, including repayments and amount owing
- One personal reference
- Recent tax information if you are self-employed
Your online application will take 10-15 minutes. You will automatically find out if your application has been approved within 60 seconds of submitting it. Your final approval will depend on verification and you can keep updated on your progress via email or SMS.
As with every financial decision, it is recommended that you compare the personal loans available before committing to a particular loan. Please click "Go to Site" if you think the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate is right for you.