Choose flexibility options and loan features with a St.George Secured Variable Rate Personal Loan.
The St.George secured variable rate personal loan offers a competitive rate when you use your car as security for the loan. You can benefit from the option to make extra repayments and access them using a redraw facility. Find out if this loan is right for you.
|Product Name||St.George Secured Personal Loan - Variable Rate|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 12.74% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||13.81%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$80,000|
- Competitive variable interest rate
- New or used car can be used as security
- Additional payments allowed
- Application fee of $195
- $12 monthly fee
- $150 early termination fee applies
Main points to consider with the St. George Secured Personal Loan – Variable Rate
This Secured Personal Loan from St.George is a variable rate loan, meaning your interest rate may change during your loan term. This variable rate loan does allow you to make extra repayments and access a redraw facility.
As this is a secured loan, St.George requires a car that will be less than twelve years old at the end of the loan term to be offered as collateral. You must remain on top of your repayments or you risk losing your car. If you are looking for an alternative, this loan also comes as a fixed interest rate option.
Features of the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate
- $200 Fuel Card. Apply for $10,000 or more with a St. George Secured Personal Loan before 28 June 2018 and draw down on your loan before 31 July 2018 to receive a free $200 fuel card. Limited to one per customer.
- Interest rate. The variable interest rate is 12.74% p.a. with a comparison rate of 13.81% p.a.
- Loan terms. Choose a loan term between 1 year(s) and 7 year(s).
- Loan amount. The amount that can be borrowed starts at $3,000 and goes up to $80,000, though the maximum amount you will be allowed to borrow will depend on your financial circumstances.
- Redraw facility. Upon request, you can access any extra repayments you have made on your loan (minimum $500).
- Repayment options. Depending on when you get paid, you can choose to repay your loan weekly, fortnightly or monthly. In addition, you can make extra repayments to pay off your loan faster.
What fees and charges apply?
An establishment fee of $195 is charged for this loan plus an ongoing administration fee of $12 per month. There is also a $10 fee for using the redraw facility. If you repay your loan before the end of the term there is a discharge processing fee of $100 within the first 12 months, or $150 for the rest of the term.
How to apply for the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate
If the Variable Rate Secured Personal Loan from St.George looks suitable to you, you can click "Go to Site" to start your application.
To be eligible for this loan, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Have at least $3,000 in savings
To be eligible as security, the car you're using needs to meet the following criteria:
- Registered in your own name once purchased. If the vehicle is registered in two name you will need to submit a joint application for the loan.
- It is a four-wheel vehicle that has never been written off or extensively damaged
- 12 years old or less at the end of the loan term
- Covered for one year's full comprehensive car insurance
Documents you’ll need for each applicant include:
- Current employer’s name, address and contact number
- Details of your income, assets, expenses and liabilities
- Details of any liabilities, including repayments and amount owing
- One personal reference
- Recent tax information if you are self-employed
Your online application will take 10-15 minutes. You will automatically find out if your application has been approved within 60 seconds of submitting it. Your final approval will depend on verification and you can keep updated on your progress via email or SMS.
As with every financial decision, it is recommended that you compare the personal loans available before committing to a particular loan. Please click "Go to Site" if you think the St.George Secured Personal Loan — Variable Rate is right for you.