St.George Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
Benefit from a competitive interest rate when you use an eligible as security and use the funds for any purpose.
By using your car as security you can take advantage of a competitive fixed rate of 7.49% p.a. over a maximum term of 5 years. You can used your approved funds for any purpose. Find out what eligibility criteria there are for vehicles and what loan features are on offer
From 7.49% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Main points to consider about the St.George Secured Personal Loan - Fixed Rate
This loan comes with a competitive fixed rate of 7.49% p.a. when you attach a vehicle as security. This car cannot be more than 12 years old at the end of the loan term and must be registered in your name. There is an application fee of $195 as well as a monthly service fee of $12.
This loan comes with a maximum term of 5 years but if you need longer to repay you can consider the St.George Secured Personal Loan - Variable Rate, that has a loan term up to 7 years
If you're looking for a loan that will allow you to make extra repayments, you can consider the St.George Secured Personal Loan - Variable Rate.
Features of the St.George Secured Personal Loan - Fixed Rate
- Competitive fixed interest rate. When your car is offered as security for the loan, you are eligible for an interest rate of 7.49% p.a. for the life of the loan. The comparison rate is 8.60% p.a.
- How long you have to repay. You can choose a term between 1 to 5 years to suit your needs.
- How much you can borrow. You can borrow between $3,000 and $80,000 depending on your individual circumstances.
- Flexible repayment options. To suit your budgeting requirements, you can choose to make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
What fees apply?
- $195 establishment fee.
- $12 monthly administration fee.
- Early termination fee. If you want to fully repay your loan within the first 12 months, you will pay a $150 termination fee. If you repay the loan after the first 12 months but before the end of the loan term, you will pay a $100 fee.
How to apply for the St.George Secured Personal Loan - Fixed Rate
To apply for the St.George Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan, click 'Go to site' and you will be transferred to a secure online application form.
Are you eligible for this loan? You must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- An Australian permanent resident
- You may also be eligible if you've recently moved to Australia
The vehicle you're using as security needs to meet the following criteria:
- Registered in your own name once purchased. If the vehicle is registered in two name you will need to submit a joint application for the loan.
- It is a four-wheel vehicle that has never been written off or extensively damaged
- 12 years old or less at the end of the loan term
- Covered for one year's full comprehensive car insurance
Documentation you will require for each applicant includes:
- Driver's licence
- Income details
- Current employer's name and contact details
- Details of your assets, savings and investments
- Details of any outstanding debts, including repayment amounts and balances owing
- One personal reference
You do not need to be an existing St.George customer to apply. Applying online takes 10-15 minutes and if you don't have all your details on hand you can save your application and return to it within 30 days.
You will receive an automatic response indicating whether your application has been successful within 60 seconds of completing the form. You can keep up to date with the status of your application via email, phone or SMS.
Compare other personal loans
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.