Solar panel installations are rising in Australia
Figures in March were the highest in almost five years.
The number of Australian rooftop solar installations swelled in March, reaching the highest monthly total since August 2012, according to the latest industry statistics.
Figures released by solar energy consultants Sunwiz reveal Australian panel installations topped 92MW in March 2017. The stats, which include comparatively strong numbers in January and February, show a total 230MW installed during the first quarter of 2017.
March 2017 volumes were almost double those recorded during the same month last year.
Queensland continues to dominate the market, installing 25MW of rooftop solar in March. New South Wales wasn't far behind at 21MW, while South Australia and Western Australia added 17MW each.
25MW provides enough energy to power approximately 5,500 homes and businesses.
During March, Australia's sole solar module manufacturer Tindo Solar became one of the top five commercial suppliers and one of the top 10 overall suppliers.
Australia now has a total 5.58GW of solar panels installed across 1.67 million homes and businesses.
Fresh data from the Solar Choice installer network reveals average residential solar system prices hit a new low of $1.57 per watt in April 2017, maintaining the gradual decline started earlier this year. Average commercial system prices rose slightly in April, up to $1.23 per watt, after months of steady decline.
Note: Solar service not available in the Northern Territory, Tasmania and Western Australia.
Solar Run is a solar retailer who can help you install solar on your rooftop.
- Get quotes for solar panels and battery storage
- Clean Energy Council approved retailer
- NSW, VIC, SA, QLD and ACT
Discover everything you need to know about generating your own electricity using Solar Power Finder.
- Tasmania electricity prices drop 1 July. How much will you save?
- Victoria power outages: How to claim $1,600 in compensation
- Eligible NSW residents have a week to get up to $180 off their electricity bills
- Over 16 million Australians striving to slash winter energy bills
- 5 reasons you should think about installing solar this year