RAA Member Secured Loan
Members get a discount on interest and establishment fees. Interest rate will vary depending on how much you borrow.
RAA offers a secured loan with a discount for its members. You can receive 1% p.a. off your interest rate and $100 off your establishment fee. The loan funds can be used for the purchase of vehicles or for other personal use, including travel and debt consolidation. The loan offers high borrowing amounts, up to $100,000 or more if the lender approves. The loan also comes with fast pre-approval and approval times.
From 5.20% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||RAA Member Secured Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 5.20% (fixed)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||5.55%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$8,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$100,000|
How does the RAA Member Secured Loan work?
The RAA Member Secured Loan offers 1% p.a. off the standard interest rate and $100 off the establishment fee for its members. How much you pay in interest will depend on the amount borrowed. The higher the borrowing amount, the lower the rate.
The loan funds can be used for a variety of purposes, including for home improvement, debt consolidation, travel, study and refinancing. You can also use the loan funds to purchase a new or used motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, jetski, caravan or camper trailer. A deposit may be required for the purchase of jetskis, motorcycles or imported vehicles. You will incur a charge if the loan is repaid early in the first 2 years.
What features does the RAA Member Secured Loan offer?
- Secured loan. With a secured loan, you have access to lower interest rates and higher borrowing amounts. You can use property as security or other registered goods.
- Savings for members. Members get 1% p.a. discount on the interest rate and $100 off the establishment fee.
- Fast pre-approval and approval. You can get pre-approval in 7 working hours.
- Fast funding. You can receive your funds within 24 to 48 hours from settlement.
- Fixed rate. The loan comes with a fixed rate, making it easy to predict repayments.
- Borrow up to $100,000. You can borrow from $8,000 up to $100,000. You may also be able to borrow more if the lender approves it.
- No ongoing fees. There are no ongoing fees associated with this loan.
- Loan terms up to 7 years. Loan terms vary from 3 years to 7 years for the purchase of a car, boat, caravan or camper trailer. The loan term for the purchase of a motorcycle or jetski is 3 to 5 years.
- Flexible repayment terms. You can make either monthly or fortnightly repayments, through direct debit, BPAY or direct credit.
How much does the RAA Member Secured Loan cost?
There are a number of costs associated with the RAA Member Secured Loan. These include:
You may also be charged:
- Loan principal
- Fixed interest rate of:
- For loans from $8,000 to $14,999 - 8.30% p.a.
- For loans from $15,000 to 24,999 - 6.80% p.a.
- For loans from $25,000 to $34,999 - 5.70% p.a.
- For loans from $35,000 and over - 5.20% p.a.
- Establishment fee of $255
- Personal Properties Securities Registration (PPSR) fee of $8
- Early termination fee of $255. This fee will apply if you repay the loan in the first 2 years.
What are the pros and cons of the RAA Member Secured Loan?
- Member discount. If you’re a member of RAA, you get to enjoy a discount both on the interest rate and the establishment fee.
- No ongoing fees. That means you won’t have to pay monthly or annual fees.
- Large borrowing amount. You can borrow up to $100,000, or even more if the lender approves it.
- Fast pre-approval and fast funding. You can get pre-approved in 7 working hours and receive funding within a couple of days of settlement.
- Interest rate is lower if you borrow more. If you want to borrow a small amount, your interest will be higher than if you borrow more.
- Asset can be repossessed if you default. As this loan is secured, your asset can be repossessed if you default on the loan.
Am I eligible for the RAA Member Secured Loan?
To be eligible for this loan, you will have to:
- Be over the age of 18
- Receive a regular income and be able to meet your repayments
- Have a valid Australian driver’s licence
- Reside in South Australia or Broken Hill, New South Wales
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be able to offer security in your name
To receive the discounted interest rate and establishment fees, you’ll also need to be a member of RAA.
How do I apply for the RAA Member Secured Loan?
You can apply for the loan online, through the RAA website. When applying for the loan, you will have to provide:
- Proof of identity
- Residential and employment details for the past 2 years
- Financial details including income, assets, expenses and liabilities
Once you apply, you will be informed of the outcome of your application within 7 working hours. The loan contract will be available for signing the following business day. You will receive the funds either via BPAY or EFT within a day or 2 from settlement.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.