Police Bank Personal loan
Choose between variable and fixed rate personal loans. Membership is required to apply.
This personal loan is available only to Police Bank members. You can choose either a fixed or variable rate. The loan can be used for a variety of purposes, including the purchase of vehicles, household items or to pay for your holiday. The minimum loan amount is $5,000, with a loan term between . You can make unlimited additional repayments for this loan.
From 5.79% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
How does the Police Bank personal loan work?
This loan is for Police Bank members. You can choose between a variable and fixed rate. The loan can be either secured or unsecured. This loan can be used for the purchase of a vehicle, electronics, white goods, household items, holidays, boats and bikes.
What features does the Police Bank personal loan offer?
- Fixed and variable interest rate. You can choose either a fixed or variable interest rate. The fixed rate starts from 9.99% p.a., while the variable rate starts from 5.79% p.a.
- Secured and unsecured available. Police Bank may require security depending on the customer.
- Varying loan term. Between 1 to 7 years.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose between weekly, fortnightly and monthly repayments.
- Additional repayments. You can make unlimited additional repayments.
- Redraw facility. The minimum redraw amount is $100, available only on the fixed interest option.
- No monthly or annual fees. You won’t be charged a monthly or annual account keeping fee.
How much does the Police Bank personal loan cost?
There are a number of costs associated with Police Bank’s personal loan, including the following:
- Loan principal.
- Variable interest rate of 5.79% p.a. or fixed interest rate of 9.99% p.a.
- Establishment fee of $98.
The comparison rate, which includes both the interest rate and fees, is 5.92% p.a. for the variable rate loan and 10.13% p.a. for the fixed rate loan.
What are the pros and cons of the Police Bank personal loan?
- Fixed and variable rate options. You can choose between the fixed and variable rate, depending on your preferences.
- No ongoing fees. This loan has no monthly or annual fees.
- Secured and unsecured options available. You can also choose to secure the loan, or opt for the unsecured option if you don’t have security to offer.
- Members only. You can only apply for the loan if you’re a member of the Police Bank.
Am I eligible for the Police Bank personal loan?
To be eligible for this loan, you must be:
- An existing member. Otherwise, you must sign up to become a member of the Police Bank.
- Over 18 years old.
- A permanent resident of Australia.
- Able to repay the loan.
You must also have access to an email account and mobile phone.
How do I apply for the Police Bank personal loan?
You can apply for the loan online through the Police Bank website. The application takes around 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Some of the documents you need include the following:
- Identification documents. This can be your driver’s licence or other IDs.
- Bank statements. You’ll need to either provide access to your online banking accounts or supply a bank statement.
- Employment documents. You’ll have to provide documents relating to your employment.
Keep all the required documents ready to speed up the application process.
Compare Personal Loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate of 8.9% p.a. with a comparison rate of 9.18% p.a. if you're approved.
A credit limit up to $75,000 that you can continue to draw down over terms up to 5 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 6.25% p.a. to 20.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A personalised loan from $2,001 to $75,000 that varies based on your credit history and financial situation.
You'll receive a guaranteed rate of6.49% p.a. with a comparison rate of 7.41% p.a. if you're approved.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.