Plenti green loans
The Green Loan offered by Plenti is an option for borrowers looking to purchase environmentally-friendly or energy-efficient products.
You can use the Green Loan to purchase energy-efficient lighting, solar water heaters, air source heat pumps or even low-emission cars and trucks. Find out more about how the loan works in this review.
From 6.50% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Main points to consider about the green loan from Plenti
Plenti is one of Australia's leading consumer lenders. This means that its loans are funded by individual or multiple investors, rather than a bank. Green loans from Plenti are unsecured and are available on terms from 3 to 7 years. You can apply for a minimum of $2,001 and a maximum of $45,000. Monthly fee ranges from $3-$4 depending on loan amount and loan term.
After completing a rate estimate, you may be instantly or conditionally approved. Successful borrowers of Plenti's green loan will receive a tailored interest rate based on their chosen loan term and loan amount, as well as their personal information, such as credit history and annual earnings. Borrowers with good to excellent credit histories will usually be rewarded with better rates. Loan amounts are paid directly to the selected vendor of the energy-efficient appliances/vehicles.
Purchases and installations that can be bought with Plenti's green loan include:
- Solar panels
- Home batteries
- Solar pool heating units
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Energy-efficient air-conditioning units
- Hybrid low emission cars
- Air source heat pumps
- Power factor correction
- Variable speed and frequency drives
There are many features of the green loan offered by Plenti, including:
- Rate estimate. You can secure a rate estimate before you submit a full application, without affecting your credit score.
- Competitive rate. Plenti's green loans have lower interest rates than traditional personal loans or credit cards.
- Unsecured. This loan requires no asset security.
- Loan amount. Borrow from $2,001 to $45,000.
- Quick approval process. Loans are often approved within 48 hours, and subject to approval, you could have finance the next business day.
- Loan terms. The available loan terms are between 3 and 7 years.
- Energy-efficient loan uses. This loan can only be used for purchase of the above stipulated products and installations.
- Regular monthly repayments. Repayments for this loan are made monthly.
- Additional repayments penalty-free. There is no charge for making extra repayments on this loan, or repaying the loan early.
- Money is paid directly to the vendor. Once you've been approved for the loan, the funds will be directly transferred to the installer so your purchase will be more seamless.
- Internet banking. It's easy to keep up with your account as you can see and keep track of the balance and repayments online.
- Available to businesses. The green loan is also available to small businesses and self-employed individuals who want to go green.
- Quick process. Once you've received your rate estimate, the application process takes about five minutes. After filling out the application, you could be conditionally approved. However, if you're not conditionally approved immediately, you'll get a response within the next two business days.
- No early repayment fees. You won't get charged for making additional payments or paying off your loan early with this loan, which is a bonus for those who want to pay it off faster.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges involved with the Plenti green loan include:
- Interest rate. From
- Comparison rate. From 8.30% p.a.
- Establishment fee. starts from $300
- Late repayment fee. If you're unable to make a payment on time, you may be charged a fee.
- Monthly fees. Monthly fee ranges from $3-$4 depending on loan amount and loan term.
How to apply for the green loan
Applying for the Plenti green loan is easy; you can simply click "Go to site" to visit the lender's website directly and fill out an application form. You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to qualify:
- Be 21 or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a regular income
- Have a good credit history
- Be purchasing a suitable product
It's also important to ensure you have your personal details ready, such as:
- Your annual income
- Details of your employer
- Your address
- Your chosen vendor
While Plenti's loans are competitive, it's still important to compare personal loans yourself prior to making a decision.
Compare other personal loans
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 24.79% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.