We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
RACV was established in 1903 to serve the Victorian motoring community. Today, RACV has grown to become one of the largest motoring membership clubs in Australia, and its range of services has expanded to include financing, insurance and investment services.
As part of its suite of products, RACV now offers a range of personal loans to help you finance your next big purchase or expense. Offering competitive rates and fast approval, these loans are options worth considering for prospective borrowers.
RACV personal loan comparison
- Car Loans. RACV Car Loans feature no ongoing fees and competitive rates from 4.99% You can apply conveniently online and get approval within five working hours.
- Personal Loans. RACV Personal Loans can be used for almost any type of personal expense. Whether you want to use the loan to buy a new computer, renovate your home or go on a holiday, this loan can give you access to the funds you need. It only takes ten minutes to apply and you'll enjoy no ongoing fees.
- Debt Consolidation. Consolidate your credit card debts, car loans and other loans into one with this loan product. The Debt Consolidation Loan can significantly lower the interest rates and shorten the repayment period of your loans.
Features and benefits of an RACV personal loan
- Savings on RACV motor insurance. You can take advantage of this offer to lower your insurance premiums.
- No ongoing fees. There are no monthly maintenance fees and no hidden fees with RACV loans.
- 24-hour turnaround time. RACV’s fast approval process means you get quick access to funds within 24 hours of being approved.
- Loan protection cover. This is an optional cover that pays off the loan if you are unable to work due to unemployment, illness or injury.
- Extra repayments. RACV does not charge penalty fees when you make extra repayments to pay off your loan quicker.
What other products does RACV offer?
- Roadside assistance. This service can help you out when your car breaks down.
- Driving school. Learn how to drive by taking lessons from qualified professionals from RACV.
- Insurance. Get coverage for your car, motorbike, or home, as RACV offers comprehensive cover to its members.
- Travel and tours. RACV also has a travel and cruise division where you can book holiday packages.
How to apply for a personal loan from RACV
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- In regular ongoing employment
- Have not defaulted on loan or credit card repayments in the last three years
- Haven't filed for bankruptcy in the last seven years
If you meet this criteria you can start the application. The following information will be required:
- Personal details such as your driver's licence number and contact information
- Your employment details and history
- Your assets, liabilities and income
Once you've been approved, you can expect to receive your funds within 24 hours. Remember to compare RACV's personal loan products with others before you apply.
More guides on Finder
Salt and Lime Debt Consolidation Loan
Looking to consolidate your debt? Salt and Lime offers fee-free loans, same-day funding, and the ability to earn discounts on your interest over the life of the loan. Apply today.
Westpac Low Rate Credit Card – Cashback Offer
A no-frills card offering a $0 annual fee for the first year, $400 back when you meet the spend requirement and a 13.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
humm90 Mastercard – Balance Transfer Offer
Check out this card’s long-term interest-free offers on purchases – plus one of the longest 0% balance transfer offers on the market.
10 costs you don’t even know about until you buy a home
When I bought my first house, I cried, because I didn't know about stamp duty, one of many costs you don't learn about until you buy a home.
First Home Buyer’s e-Course Module 5: Compare loans
How to get your finance sorted BEFORE you start property shopping, so you know exactly how much you have to spend and what your budget is.
CommBank Green Loan
Are you an existing Commbank home loan customer looking to make your home more energy-efficient? Apply for a 0.99% p.a. Commbank Green Loan for up to $20,000. No fees attached.
Need a personal loan? 10 ways to increase your chances of approval
SPONSORED: Lenders want to be sure you can pay them back without any major problems. Here's how to show them you can.
Citi Clear Credit Card – Balance Transfer Offer
This Citi Clear Credit Card offer includes 0% on balance transfers for 28 months and a reduced first-year annual fee. Compare and apply here.
BankSA Vertigo – Cashback Offer
The BankSA Vertigo card offers $300 cashback, a waived first-year annual fee and a low ongoing purchase interest rate.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert