Apply for up to $70,000 with a secured personal loan from Latitude Financial Services.
The Latitude Financial Services Personal Loan is suitable for a range of borrowing purposes, from debt consolidation to new or used car finance, with the loan able to be either secured or unsecured. Loan amounts from $3,000 are available. Find out more about how this loan works in this review.
|Product Name||Latitude Personal Loan (Secured)|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 12.99% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||14.2%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$70,000|
- Tailored interest rate
- Low minimum borrowing amount
- Secured or unsecured
- Application fee of $250
- $13 monthly fee
- Early repayment fees may be charged
Main points to consider with the Latitude Secured Personal Loan
This personal loan can be either secured or unsecured, with both coming with a fixed rate based on Latitude's risk-based pricing. The secured option comes with rates from 12.99% p.a. while the unsecured option comes with rates from 13.99% p.a.
You'll need to pay a $250 establishment fee for loans $5,000 or more, or $140 for loans under $5,000. There is also a monthly service fee of $13. Early repayment fees (detailed below) may also apply.
Features of the Latitude Financial Services Personal Loan
- Fixed interest. The secured loan comes with a fixed interest rate from 12.99% p.a. while the unsecured loan comes with a fixed rate from 13.99% p.a.
- Risk-based pricing. Latitude uses risk-based pricing to determine your interest rates. This means you'll be offered a rate based on your financial circumstances and the information your provide in your application.
- Loan amount. This loan is for people looking to borrow a minimum of $3,000.
- Loan term. The loan term ranges from 1 to 7 years, allowing you to better plan your repayments and ensure you pay back your loan on time.
- Security. If you choose to attach security to your loan, you can guarantee a new or used car, motorbike, personal watercraft, boat, campervan or caravan. Keep in mind that at least 50% of the vehicle needs to be for personal purposes.
- Repayment flexibility. Latitude Financial Service offers flexible repayment options with this loan. You can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments and can repay through direct debit, Australia Post or BPAY.
- Online application. You can apply for this loan online and the application process is relatively quick and easy. In most cases, you can find out if you’re approved on the same day you apply.
- Additional repayments.You can make additional payments at any time to reduce your loan term and avoid paying extra interest costs. However, keep in mind penalties may apply if you repay your loan in full ahead of schedule. Check the fee section below for more details.
- Optional loan protection insurance. If you select this loan you can choose to have optional loan protection insurance.
Fees to consider
The following fees apply to this loan:
- Establishment fee: $250 establishment fee for loans $5,000 or more, or $140 for loans under $5,000
- Monthly service fee: $13
- Early termination fee: A $300 fee applies if you repay your loan in the first half of your loan term. You will pay $0 if you repay your loan ahead of schedule in the second half of your loan term.
How to apply for the Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan
If you’ve decided a Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan is right for you, applying online is very simple. All you need to do is click "Go to Site" and follow the link to the lender’s website to complete your application form. To apply for this loan you must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Have held a good credit history for the past five years
- Have not declared bankrupt in the past seven years
If you meet those criteria and would like to complete your application, you will require the following documentation:
- Proof of your identity, such as a driver’s licence, proof of age card or passport
- Proof of income in the form of payslips or your last tax return if you're self-employed
- Amounts you owe on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards, as well as their limits and repayments
- Your living expenses, including rent and/or mortgage repayments
If you’re looking for a competitive fixed rate secured personal loan, the Latitude Financial Service Personal Loan is an option worth considering. However, make sure to consider all your personal loan options before you decide which loan is right for you.