Send money to Singapore
Find the best exchange rate and low fees when you send money to Singapore from Australia.
Do you need to send money to Singapore? Nearly all banks and international money transfer providers will let you send money to Singapore, but which business or provider is going to let you do it cheaply, easily and quickly? If you want to send money to Singapore, we have a look at the different options available to you below.
- Preferential rate for Finder customers
- Will price match any eligible quote from another provider
- Free local currency accounts for business users
Send money to Singapore with WorldFirst
WorldFirst has handled $150 million+ in transfers for 250,000+ customers since 2004. You'll get transparent pricing, with popular currencies having an exchange rate margin of 0.5% or less.
- Minimum transfer amount: $2,000
- Online transfer fee: $0
What's in this guide?
- International money transfer services which allow you to send money to Singapore
- Speak to a FX Expert
- How to compare international payment providers
- How to send money to Singapore from Australia
- Emergency cash transfers to Singapore
- Cash pickup locations in Singapore
- Picking up cash in Singapore
- How to send money to Singapore
International money transfer services which allow you to send money to Singapore
Using the table below you can compare transfer services. Use the table headings to sort products based on the minimum transfer amount, online transfer fees, transfer methods and transfer speeds. Alternatively, you can read on below for more information.
Keep ahead of the curve with daily currency exchange rate alerts
Speak to a FX Expert
Banks or money transfer companies?Nicholas wants to send a one off financial gift to an old friend in Singapore. He wants to know which company his going to give him the best deal. Nicholas watches the exchange rate closely, and he wants to make sure he’s getting value for money.
Have a look at this example to see the difference between a bank and non-bank money transfer company.
|Money Transfer Service 1 (Bank)||Money Transfer Service 2 (Non-bank)|
|Exchange rate||$1AUD = $1.059800SGD||$1AUD = $1.0967SGD|
|Transfer fee||$22.00AUD for online transfers.$30AUD for transfers requested from a branch.||$15AUD for transactions under $10,000.|
|Amount received for $1000 AUD (Singapore Dollars)||$1059.80SGD||$1,097.40SGD|
2 - 5 business days.
|2 - 5 business days.|
|Transfer options||Bank (wire) transfer||Wire transfer.|
|Difference of (excluding fees)||+ $37.60SGD|
How to compare international payment providers
Be conscious of the following features when you’re comparing quotes from international money transfer companies.
- Exchange rates. Pay attention to the exchange rate. The exchange rate is the rate of conversion between Australian and Singaporean Dollars (SGD). The more SGD you can get for an Australian dollar, the better. Different international payment providers have different exchange rates. You can view different exchange rates for overseas payment providers by getting a no-obligation quote on the provider’s website.
- How to collect. What are the provider’s terms for collection of the funds? With some institutions and transfer companies, you can only send the funds to the recipient's bank account; while other providers allow the cash to be picked up from a local business.
- Fees and charges. How much are you going to get charged for sending money to Singapore? Some international payment providers charge a fee when you want to send under a certain amount, other providers have a flat fee regardless of the size of the transaction and then there are providers that let you send money to Singapore for free. Be conscious of the relationship between fees and the exchange rate. Sometimes international payment fees are subsidised by a higher foreign exchange rate.
- Transfer time. How long will it take before the funds are available to collect or withdraw in Singapore? Some companies let you send money to Singapore in minutes. The quicker the transfer time, generally the more expensive the transaction.
- Minimum transfer. This is important if you only want to send a small amount of money to Singapore. There are providers who have no minimum transfer limit; however, with most companies, transfers under $1,000 attract a fee.
How to send money to Singapore from Australia
Due to the popularity of SGD, most providers allow you to make a payment from Australian to Singapore.
You may also want to consider the following providers, too.
- Paypal. You can send money to Singapore using PayPal. Note that the money needs to be converted into USD before SGD, and it may take between 5 and 10 business days before the funds are made available. Fees may be charged if you’re sending the money using your credit card, however, if you already have funds in your Paypal account, the transfer is free. All you need is the recipient's email address.
Emergency cash transfers to Singapore
If you need to get money to Singapore fast, there are a couple of options.
- Transfer service with cash collection. A speciality international money transfer company like Western Union or MoneyGram is the way to go. A person can collect cash from a business in Singapore only minutes after it has been sent from Australia.
- Emergency cash advance. Alternatively, if you’re in Singapore and you need access to cash, your credit or debit card provider may be able to arrange an emergency cash advance through a local merchant. Give Visa, Mastercard or American Express a call to get access to the funds in your account if your card has been lost or stolen.
- Insurance. Double check the terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy. Most providers have a benefit which covers you in the even you get stuck without cash.
Cash pickup locations in Singapore
As one of the most established international money transfer companies, Western Union have a large number of collection points in Singapore. Examples of places where funds can be collected include:
Raffles Post Office
10 Collyer Quay B1-11 Ocean Financial Centre Singapore.
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 6.30 pm. Saturday 8.30am - 1pm.
American Express Foreign Exchange
Fes Retail Tang Plaza, 320 Orchard Tang Plaza, Singapore.
Monday to Sunday: 9.00am - 8.30pm.
A Moneygram collection point is never far away from wherever you are, anywhere in the world., If you’re sending money to Singapore with Moneygram, the funds can be collected at a number of businesses, including:
Ameertech Remittance and Exchange
195B Serangoon Rd. Broadway, Singapore.
Monday to Friday: 10am - 9pm. Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 10pm.
Sir Money Changer
1 Maritime Square, 01 - 60 Harbourfront Centre, Singapore.
Monday to Sunday: 9am to 8.30pm.
Photo identification is required to collect the money.Back to top
Picking up cash in Singapore
Singapore is a relatively safe destination for Australians to visit. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website advises to 'exercise normal safety precautions' when travelling in Singapore. If you’re collecting cash from a location in Singapore be sure to exercise the normal precautions. For example, if you’re carrying a large amount of cash, be sure to keep it out of sight and travel with a group or a friend.Back to top
How to send money to Singapore
Generally, the following information is required when you want to send money to Singapore.
- The name, address and bank code of the receiving financial institution.
- The receiver's name, address, account name, account number and International Bank Account Number (IBCN)
Generally, once you’ve paid for the international funds transfer, you only need to provide the customer reference number to the person collecting the money.
Sending money to Singapore doesn’t have to be complicated, and it doesn’t have to be expensive either. There are a number of providers on the market that let you send money to Singapore. If you have any questions about our page, get in touch with us using the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.Back to top
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert