How to buy BitTorrent (BTT) in Australia
A beginner's guide to buying and selling BTT in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy BitTorrent
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying BitTorrent.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports BTT.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy BitTorrent.
- Buy BitTorrent.
Complete your BitTorrent purchase and then find the best wallet to store BTT.
What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent is one of the most famous peer-to-peer protocols on the internet, used to transfer files between users around the world in a process known as "torrenting", with an estimated 250 million monthly users. It is somewhat notorious thanks to its involvement in sharing pirated material, despite being owned and operated by a legal entity, BitTorrent Inc – which is now owned by blockchain platform TRON. The BitTorrent Token (BTT) is a relatively new addition to the network, used for purchasing a faster download speed on the network. Seeders (the name given to people who upload files) can then earn BTT which is meant to incentivize increased activity and bandwidth on the network. It operates on top of the Tron blockchain as a TRC-10 token.
BitTorrent (BTT) is the 53rd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $2,222,591,285. The current price of BitTorrent is $0.00338305, which is -0.000% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.00347978 and $0.00334973 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of June 14, 2021 02:06 UTC.
Where to buy BitTorrentFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade BTT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
BitTorrent at a glance
|Total BTT supply||990,000,000,000|
|Notable team members||Justin Sun|
|Industry||Decentralised file sharing|
|Token uses||Utility token|
BitTorrent price performance over time
How to sell BitTorrent
You can cash out your BTT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BTT on.
If you store your BitTorrent in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BTT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of BitTorrent.
What to consider when buying cryptocurrencyBuying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert