Apply online for the Heritage Bank Standard Personal Loan and use your loan funds for a wide range of purposes.
If you're planning a holiday, or a wedding or even to consolidate debt, it may be worthwhile comparing this loan from Heritage Bank. It comes with either a fixed or variable interest rate and you can opt for either a secured or unsecured loan.
Find out more about how this loan works in this review.
3 things you should know about this loan
- Choose a fixed or variable rate. You get to decide whether you want a fixed or variable interest rate – the variable rate is slightly higher but you can opt for loan terms up to 10 years. A maximum term of 5 year(s) applies to the fixed rate loan.
- Borrow more by attaching security. There is a maximum loan amount of $25,000 for unsecured loans, but that extends up to $50,000 if you attach security.
- High fees. A $200 application fee and $5 monthly fee apply.
|Product Name||Heritage Bank Standard Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||9.99% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||10.62%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
- Choose a fixed or variable rate
- Borrow more by attaching security
- Extra and early repayments allowed
- $200 application fee
- Maximum loan term of 5 years
Main points to consider with this loan
This personal loan from Heritage Bank is a flexible loan that can be used for a range of purposes. You have a choice of fixed of variable interest rate, with both giving you different benefits. The fixed rate (currently 9.99) is lower but you can extend loan terms up to 10 years if you opt for the variable rate.
You also get a choice between a secured and unsecured loan. If you opt to attach security to the loan you can apply for up to $50,000, but if you want an unsecured loan the maximum is $25,000. Loan terms extend up to 5 year(s).
You can make additional or lump sum payments at any time but repaying the loan in full may incur a penalty.
Features of the Heritage Bank Standard Personal Loan
This loan comes with a number of features, including:
- Secured or unsecured. You can attach security to this loan to be able to apply for up to $50,000 or opt for an unsecured loan where you can borrow up to $25,000.
- Fixed or variable rate. Choose between a fixed or variable interest rate. The variable rate loan offers longer repayment terms, up to 10 years.
- Flexible repayments. You can repay your loan weekly, fortnightly or monthly and can make additional or lump sum payments at any time. Keep in mind repaying your loan in full may incur a penalty.
- Redraw facility. If you make additional payments to your loan you can access these through a redraw facility.
- Loan terms and amount. You can apply for up to $50,000 if you attach security to the loan or up to $25,000 if your loan is unsecured. Loan terms vary between 1 year(s) and 5 year(s).
What costs come with the loan?
The following costs will apply:
- Interest rate: 9.99% p.a.
- Application fee: $200
- Monthly fee: $5
How to apply
Applying for this loan is simple, just click "Go to Site" to start your application. But first, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be an Australian permanent resident
- Have never declared bankrupt
You'll need your personal, financial and employment details on hand to apply.